NHL'94 Forums

Some new avatars

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that I've added some homemade nhl94 avatars in the base gallery of the avatar folders. Check them out, and feel free to make any requests! You can goto your profile area to see them.

Also, I've put the Blacy emoticon set back in the list (the bigger black set of emoticons) in case you missed them.

Blacy icon

:victory:

Homemade icon (i put this one in the emoticons, felt it could be fun to use)

:)

Thanks Evan! Say, how do you eliminate the background on the pictures of the skaters? How do you make the background clear? You know, so its just the picture of the skater with no background?

Hey Cyber,

I play a game on Gens, to keep things as clear as possible. Then I take screenshots of the game and bring them into Photoshop. Duplicate the layer, and use the new layer (hide the background layer). Use the magic wand to remove all unwanted pixels, crop out the section I want to keep, and save the image out as a .gif with transparency.

It works quite well because the game uses a small amount of color, the image is very easy to clean up. Let me know if this helps!

If you make images and want to share them on the forum, just email me them and I'll add them into the Base Gallery of avatars.

-Evan

Hey Cyber,

I play a game on Gens, to keep things as clear as possible.  Then I take screenshots of the game and bring them into Photoshop.  Duplicate the layer, and use the new layer (hide the background layer).  Use the magic wand to remove all unwanted pixels, crop out the section I want to keep, and save the image out as a .gif with transparency.

It works quite well because the game uses a small amount of color, the image is very easy to clean up.  Let me know if this helps!

If you make images and want to share them on the forum, just email me them and I'll add them into the Base Gallery of avatars.

-Evan

Ah, I see. Thanks!

• 5 months later...

I'd love to see the animation for Gretzky getting knocked out like they used in Swingers. I'm not sure if it's easy to capture. I watched "Swingers" with the director's commentary and they said it took them FOREVER just to get the shot in the movie. Vince Vaughn played the game over and over again to try and get the images...

• 8 months later...

Started making some new avatars, including SNES ones!

I'll keep making more in the future. Any requests???

-Evan