NHL'94 Forums

Selanne Returns To The Ducks

kupuck19

Selanne's Return  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Did Selanne and the Ducks make the right call?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not going to make much of a Difference

I think it's good that Selanne came back because the fans wanted him back and even though it probably won't make much of a difference, it's good for the city of Anaheim.

And hey you never know, maybe he will take the team to the playoffs and the Stanley Cup again.

Agreed. Being a ducks fan, Selanne was always my favorite player and the day he came back to Anaheim was one of the happiest days of my life(second to smoking the Sens in Game 5) as a ducks fan. Another veteran in the line up I think will be healthy when it comes down to crunch time before the playoffs and if *knock on wood* the ducks return to the post season.

BUT! Can't say anything now because he has not suited up in awhile, it'll be interesting to see how he does do on this first 8 game road trip.

I think it's horrible that he came back. He had the best season ever of anybody's last season and he won the Cup to boot. I think it's despicable that he waited until the Ducks looked like they would have a good chance at doing a repeat. He should have left good enough alone. The only person to do a good comeback was Lemieux...and even that may be questionable...

I think it's horrible that he came back. He had the best season ever of anybody's last season and he won the Cup to boot. I think it's despicable that he waited until the Ducks looked like they would have a good chance at doing a repeat. He should have left good enough alone. The only person to do a good comeback was Lemieux...and even that may be questionable...

I hope he can tear it up statistically, I picked him up for my fantasy pool! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Jamonica, you should be happy with his performance so far.

I've been waiting to see how things played out, and Selanne is picking back up right where he left off. He had a 5 point night against Chicago, scoring a hat-trick and picking up two assists. Also, he has scored important goals against St. Louis and in the last two meeting with the Avalanche which were all one goal games. Teemu is definitely contributing to the Ducks in a positive way right now and the season is approaching the end and every two points on the line every night is becoming very important. Yeah, it's too bad he sat around most of the season trying to figure things out, but better late than never.

-Vinnie

kupuck19 said:
Jamonica, you should be happy with his performance so far.

I've been waiting to see how things played out, and Selanne is picking back up right where he left off. He had a 5 point night against Chicago, scoring a hat-trick and picking up two assists. Also, he has scored important goals against St. Louis and in the last two meeting with the Avalanche which were all one goal games. Teemu is definitely contributing to the Ducks in a positive way right now and the season is approaching the end and every two points on the line every night is becoming very important. Yeah, it's too bad he sat around most of the season trying to figure things out, but better late than never.

-Vinnie

Deleted

Edited by Flames4LifeFLA