NHL'94 Forums

Best Of 5 Play In Series

halifax

I know I dont play in this league but one area that I can relate is that I have run leagues(3 so far plus administered the classic league in the fall) and I know that is an extremely tough decision for dadonch to work out who should and should not be in the playoffs. NOBODY wants to be put in that position.

I ran into a similar incident last year...where I had 4 teams all around the last playoff spot but some of the lower teams were unable to get games in....I was caught in the predicment of deciding whether to allow someone in on FF's wins over someone else who earned the points.

What I had decided was the coaches involved play a 'play in series' best of 5....to determine who got the final spot.

There's definately the arguement...that it just makes the playoffs last longer...and i wont disagree there.

However, I felt that if someone put the effort of playing that many games for me in my league then I felt they should have the oppurtunity to play their way out of my league as well.

this is only a suggestion obviously...but I saw an oppurtunity that I thought might help.

Either way best of luck to all those in their playoff runs.

P.S. I bet 100 down with proline on Amerk(icestorm) to take the title...hopefully he wont let me down...otherwise I'll have to sell my chevette to recoupe the cost.

Angryjay, you going to make your annual playoff predictions? It's always fun reading them.

My prediction is that the Cup Finals will be between Icestorm and angryjay. I guess I gotta prove myself wrong.

I know I dont play in this league but one area that I can relate is that I have run leagues(3 so far plus administered the classic league in the fall) and I know that is an extremely tough decision for dadonch to work out who should and should not be in the playoffs. NOBODY wants to be put in that position.

I ran into a similar incident last year...where I had 4 teams all around the last playoff spot but some of the lower teams were unable to get games in....I was caught in the predicment of deciding whether to allow someone in on FF's wins over someone else who earned the points.

What I had decided was the coaches involved play a 'play in series' best of 5....to determine who got the final spot.

There's definately the arguement...that it just makes the playoffs last longer...and i wont disagree there.

However, I felt that if someone put the effort of playing that many games for me in my league then I felt they should have the oppurtunity to play their way out of my league as well.

this is only a suggestion obviously...but I saw an oppurtunity that I thought might help.

Sorry Halifax.. Dispite you having lead numerious leagues that were MUCH more smoothly ran than this league.. the thick headed Admins of this league cant handle any idea that involves reason and thinking. anything outside of a childs black and white idea is WAYYY out of the realm of possibility.

P.S. I bet 100 down with proline on Amerk(icestorm) to take the title...hopefully he wont let me down...otherwise I'll have to sell my chevette to recoupe the cost.

DAMMIT Dmac and Citadel. I'm knocking on wood so hard now my knuckles are bleeding.

Cmon D-man, I see you working bra.

Dude you have a Chevette? Dope!! :lol: