NHL'94 Forums

I'm Not Returning For Season 4

DaDonch44

I was going to wait until the end of the season, but I talked it over with gr81 and decided that I should go ahead and let everyone know now. This way either Dmitry or any other possible Commishs can step up and take over for Season 4.

I had made the decision to not return as a player or Commish of the GDL a while ago. I mentioned it to a few people, but pretty much kept it to myself. The recent events concerning the playoffs had no influence on my decision either way, but it definitely put my mind at ease that I was making the right choice.

As a player, I have been frustrated by my play and lack of improvement. The great victories are easily outweighed by the tough defeats. I find more joy in playing a friendly exhibition. So, I would rather step aside and give the spot to someone new who wants to prove themselves in league play.

As the Commish, I greatly enjoyed getting the league back up again, but I don't know if I would have the motivation and dedication to get into another season.

I will finish out overseeing the playoffs, and then whoever is to follow can take the reins.

Thanks to everyone who supported me throughout the season, and Good Luck to everyone in the future.

I personally and most likely speaking for everyone else in the league would like to thank DaDonch for his outstanding work as commissioner for the GDL. He has proven that he can easily run a league and he knows how to do it the right way. Without you DaDonch, GDL3 wouldn't even be going on right now but it is thanks to you. Thank you DaDonch, it's too bad to hear you leaving, but I'm sure when the time is right you will make a much anticipated return.

:)

dmac

When I made that suggestion.....it was only a suggestion.

I hope dadonch didn't feel like he was being undermined...and if he did I want to apologize to him since that was not my intent in the least bit.

After the idotic ruling he made in reguards to the playoffs, i'd be lying if i said i wasnt happy to see DaDushe step down.

PLEASE GIVE US HALIFAX

After continually showing complete lack of respect and total immaturity, I don't think anyone is going to want you in their league.

C'mon, does this game really mean THAT much to you that you've gotta post personal attacks all over the forum. Take it for what it is, a game.

If we are taking things for what they are, then I am completely in the right in taking him for a moron.

Wait a second, you're complaining about not making the playoffs? So you would have been happy squeaking in the 8th spot? What's your excuse for your piss poor play that got you on the bubble to begin with?

So what's the excuse going to be here...

No pad? Go buy one.

No good connection? Find a new hobby.

That's f'ing lame that you down Donche b/c you couldn't step up. You may have been close to the playoff spot but you should have been one of the top seeds in your conference. You have no one to blame but yourself. Stop being a b***h for once.

After the idotic ruling he made in reguards to the playoffs, i'd be lying if i said i wasnt happy to see DaDushe step down.

PLEASE GIVE US HALIFAX

What if Halifax does step up for this and he makes a decision you don't like.... what's it going to be next?

PLEASE GIVE US [iNSERT NAME HERE WHO WOULD LIKE TO BE INSULTED BY CARSE]

Given your blatent disrespect for the current commish (who's done an amazing job by the way), I think it should be put to a vote if you're even allowed in draft league next season.

What if Halifax does step up for this and he makes a decision you don't like.... what's it going to be next?

PLEASE GIVE US [iNSERT NAME HERE WHO WOULD LIKE TO BE INSULTED BY CARSE]

Given your blatent disrespect for the current commish (who's done an amazing job by the way), I think it should be put to a vote if you're even allowed in draft league next season.

I feel we should also start gathering nominations and votes for the new commish as well if dmitry doesnt want to take back over the position. He should have first crack at it after all.

Many thanks to Donch, IMO, he ran the league exceptionally well.

For the record, I'd be interested in being commish if nobody else wanted to step up. However, i'm very aware that there are MANY more qualified than me, so i'd only be doing this if nobody else would.

You did an outstanding job Donch and dont think otherwise. Dont worry about what Carse has said, I think hes the only one that doesnt realize GDL3 wasnt possible without you.

I would love to see dmitry take over the reins again, but that decision is up to him.

That's f'ing lame that you down Donche b/c you couldn't step up. You may have been close to the playoff spot but you should have been one of the top seeds in your conference. You have no one to blame but yourself. Stop being a b***h for once.

you are right fagg*t, its my fault i had 3 very winnable games to win ONE GAME to get in. Not to mention i took the risk in playing VC on the last night of the league, when smoz just sat by and got his 2 points handed to him. Not to mention I was online every mother fu*king day for the last 2 weeks of the season, just to have bhf never be on due to his trip. One night Pill actually got on and when i IM him he straight tells me he has better things to do than play "meaningless games." But you are totally right.

you are right fagg*t, its my fault i had 3 very winnable games to win ONE GAME to get in. Not to mention i took the risk in playing VC on the last night of the league, when smoz just sat by and got his 2 points handed to him. Not to mention I was online every mother fu*king day for the last 2 weeks of the season, just to have bhf never be on due to his trip. One night Pill actually got on and when i IM him he straight tells me he has better things to do than play "meaningless games." But you are totally right.

Carse at the end of day u did this to yourself Donch wrote about DNP b4 season u should have never left urself in this Position to begin with instead of going bonkers on everyone walk into bathroom and take a look at whos really to blame ...(no not ur small penis) u thats right CARSE U .....btw great job Donch sad to see u go but commishing is not 4 everyone .......IE dr pizza

Yeah it would be my fault if:

A. Donch didnt say if we posted our games it would matter unless the other person responded (pill didn't)

B. I told Donch about the whole Pill refusing to play thing and he said he knows i have been on tryin to play and he would consider it (He didn't)

C. The end of the season didn't come down to strategicly forfeiting games and having other people forfeit the correct games to help me

carse, i cant believe how emotional you get over this game. you are such a loser. you can cry to donch, your mom, or whoever. we had a chance to play those games a few days ago. I never refused to play the games. i did ask you to wait like 10 minutes. you complained about your ping and then didn't want to play. then you left to go eat food. blame yourself on that one.

If dmitry does not want to run this league, I wouldn't mind it at all if Logan ran it. He seems to have the dedication and hard working mindset to be a commish. What do you guys all think?

If dmitry does not want to run this league, I wouldn't mind it at all if Logan ran it. He seems to have the dedication and hard working mindset to be a commish. What do you guys all think?

I'm absolutely cool with it.

I smell rotten surf.

I'm absolutely cool with it.

I smell rotten surf.

IM thinkin we should outsource our commishioner duties ...i know 4 a fact that swos from finland would like to play in GDL and just so happens that he is their defacto commish i think swos would make perfect commish why does this have to be a NOrth American thing lol

IM thinkin we should outsource our commishioner duties ...i know 4 a fact that swos from finland would like to play in GDL and just so happens that he is their defacto commish i think swos would make perfect commish why does this have to be a NOrth American thing lol

dude Don Cherry would have ur nads in a frying pan if he ever caught u saying that s**t.

Logan's a good player, but I would have concerns considering it appeared like he went awol this year and the league was forced to name a replacement. I'm not sure what the details were but I don't recall ever reading an explanation for it.

And DaDonch did a great job.

For the next commish, assuming Dmitry still wants to carry on the league through his website, there are three main roles I see. Conducting the draft, creating the rom, and administrating the season (including naming replacements, handling disputes, setting deadlines). It would be fine if we had two or even three commissioners that could split up the workload.