NHL'94 Forums

Lightning Take Leafs In 6

IceStorm70

Sunshine, FL-

With a stout defense, stellar goaltending and opportunistic offense, the Lightning cruised past the Leafs 4 games to 2 in the Lesser Conference quarters.

In a series with 27 combined goals in 6 games, goaltending and backchecking was a must for success. Tampa Bay ran both to perfection. The Leafs and Rocket Peter Klima had no answer for the swarming 'ning defense. Back to the ponds for Icestorm and his cronies.

Great series Gr8199. Good luck rest of the way man.

g1: 3-2 TB

g2: 5-2 TB

g3: 2-0 TB

g4: 5-3 Tor

g5: 2-1 Tor

g6: 2-0 TB

TB wins 4 games to 2.

For the record: Hrudey stopped 63 of 79 shots in the series for a cool .797 save %. I'll take him any year :)

Hrudey was pretty solid, I have to say. Lafontaine shined in games 4 and 5, after being switched to Center.

MVP of the series is probally Ted Donato, eventhough Soderstrom could of got the nod.

Great games Ice, good luck next season.

Note: Yes, I didnt mention Brian Bradley, above this post... lmfao

wow.. thats a shocker. ice was so solid

lol dude I still am 'so solid' just ran into someone playing better. So goes the playoffs.

As far as 'shocker' I think that's short changing GR8199 and his game. Dudes 111-53 in 3 seasons of the GDL. That's mode than solid bro.

Good Luck GR8199. You too Sebe, you and EA should be a battle. :)