NHL'94 Forums

How old are you?

Ken

just wondering...

EDIT: ok, I tried to make this a poll, but I guess I'm too old to figure out how forums work. ha.

anyways, just was wondering how old you guys were. I'm 30, and I'm probably one of the older guys.

Guest cr0ssbar
just wondering...

EDIT: ok, I tried to make this a poll, but I guess I'm too old to figure out how forums work. ha.

anyways, just was wondering how old you guys were. I'm 30, and I'm probably one of the older guys.

27 :blink:

So you were 7 when this game came out.

Howd you get hooked on it?

Cousins owned a SNES and got this one for christmas one year. Played the hell out of it every since and one year they gave me the gift on that same SNES and nhl94. It was beautiful man seriously. If there was a smiley icon here to show tears I would use it b/c it was just that wonderful.

I'll be 24 at the end of the month (29th), and I've been playing the game since I got it for Xmas on Xmas morning 1993, just after it came out.

I played it throughout the next ten years or so, off and on, playing more often during some time periods than others, but always against the computer, didn't really have anyone to play against.

But sometime around winter 2004, I discovered my NHL 94 soulmates in Terry (the94kid) and his friends. I finally found other people who were as crazy about the game as I was. Soon I was being invited to join their "championships" (it took a few exhibition games to prove I was worthy first hahaha) on Saturday nights, which were long and comprehensive tournaments had over a shitload of beer (and in the case of Coleman, Caesars, and oh yeah ya can't forget the flask full of fireball being passed around). So through these guys I not only found solid competition to play against, but I also discovered how truly awesome and almost holy it is to play the game drunk. Every whistle or goal, you and your opponent reach for the beer and take a couple quick swigs before hte play resumes............ after goals, you drink out of your beer like the goalie drinks out of his water bottle. Classic times! We even invested in a toy wrestling belt for the champion to wear, and a few times the championship belt has been coatchecked at the bar. Girls just love the man with the belt. "Oooooh you're the champ, that's hot, what are you the champion of?" Oh yeah they love it.

Anyway that's a short story of my love for NHL 94!!!

I'm 19 I think I might be one of the youngest, Schwartz is older than me by a couple weeks. I got hooked on it because When I was 7 I got this game and my dad would play me and beat me so badly. Each year i'd get the new EA hockey game until 2001 when they started sucking hard. I have 06 now and it's okay but nothing beat 94.