NHL'94 Forums

Dallas Makes An Early Exit

smozoma

The Stars went into Winnipeg feeling a bit nervous to be so far from home and it showed in the first game, as the Jets came out flying (pun totally intended) and handed the Stars a 5-2 loss, Verbeek controlling the game in front of the home crowd.

Things were looking the same in the first half of game 2, as the Jets led 3-0 at the half-way mark. The Stars made a line change, bringing on Dave Ellet. Since kgman is so good at dodging checks, that there was no point keeping MacIver's checking presence on the ice if he couldn't contribute offensively. The change sparked a 3-goal comback, Dallas tying the game 3-3. Bob Bassen brought the home crowd to their feet again, though, scoring the 4-3 game-winner for Winnipeg with half a minute left, shorthanded.

The Stars kept up their momentum from the 2nd game, and skated to an easy 6-3 win in their home-opener.

Game 4 started out close, until WPG put it away with 5 straight goals. Final: 6-2 WPG.

The Jets looked to close out the series in front of the home town fans in game 5. At the end of the first period, it was tied up at 1-1, but Winnipeg scored in each of the remaining periods to take the game 3-1 and the series 4-1.

kgman seemed really on his game. Every time i had the puck, I would see an arrow pointing to his guy offscreen, and before I knew it, my guy was being introduced to his own grimacing reflection in the glass or ice. He made a mockery of league-best defense, giving Roy a save percentage of just 61, down from 75 in the regular season. Good series, and good luck to kgman in round 2 and beyond. Dallas hopes to build on this short-lived playoff experience in GDL4.

Kevin Dineen led Dalllas in scoring in every game, and ended the post season with 12 points in 5 games. No one else on Dallas managed more than 6.

On the WPG side, 8G,1A,9PTS for Machine Mike Modano, and 7G,0A,7PTS for Big Bob Bassen.