NHL'94 Forums

Who Is The Best Genesis Player Currently?

halifax

Best Genesis player  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Best Genesis Player currently?

• AngryJay
    • EricAnthony
    • Kgman
    • other

Its a matter of what have you done for me lately, EA has won 2 cups in the last 2 big Gens leagues, kgman hasnt won since spring 2006 and ive only won nhl 94/07 and 94/08 championships. So my vote goes to EA

Telling Fact: EA beat both kgman and I for his two cups, so its that simple.

EA has the best game around. Take it from me, being swept, i would know lol. Kg is strong as well, best Canadian player. Its all about styles really, but EA's game will shut down most styles.

An EA and KG gdl final would settle this argument.

wow this is a tough one but i would say there all very good in there own way and there are alot of players just below them.sega nhl94 competition is very fierce and alot of games are decided by 1 goal.those three definately have better killer instinct though.so if you go buy achievement it is eric :)

Currently best Gens player? Man, that is tough. There are so many worthy competitors. Although, looking at current status, with the GDL3 playoffs in full swing I am going to have to give the edge to KG. Best regular season record and just blitzed me in both our games this season. Although, if I make it to the conference finals and meet up with AJ, I'm sure he will make me pay dearly for picking KG. :)

I do want to point out that AJ has some of the most adaptive play around which makes him such a fierce competitor. And his ability to guess the right way on every one of my dekes is uncanny. I swear he uses some Jedi mind tricks to get inside my head so he knows even before I know where I'm going.

Even though I give the slight edge to KG in GDL this season (he's done such a hands down amazing job with that team), in the classic format, I have to give the nod to AJ. Most of all, I can't say enough how great it is to play either of the guys on any given day b/c I'll always learn something new from them.

All 3 are very fine players.... each has their own strengths... but over 100 games, I don't think any of the 3 would be the victor in a significant way.

I also think that the gap between these guys and some of the other better GENS players (skool, Carse, other guys who are pissed I didn't mention them) isn't very large. This community has been building up excellent depth when it comes to the quality of player.

Hey guys,

I'll try to make all the past playoff information available but here's the champs/runner ups from the Classic '94 leagues in case you haven't been around to see it all:

FALL 2005 GENS

=================

Champ: tk11 (MTL)

Runner Up: Marc (STL)

SPRING 2006 GENS

=================

Champ: kgman (DAL)

Runner Up: Tickenest (PHI)

SPRING 2006 SNES

=================

Champ: JotaC (EDM)

Runner Up: the94kid (NYR)

FALL 2006 GENS-A

=================

Champ: Marc (CHI)

Runner Up: kgman (HFD)

FALL 2006 GENS-B

=================

Champ: Cash Money (STL)

Runner Up: Take Your Pill (PIT)

FALL 2006 SNES-A

=================

Champ: JotaC (STL)

Runner Up: the94kid (PIT)

FALL 2006 SNES-B

=================

Champ: hokkeefan (DAL)

Runner Up: PaulCoffeysSon (PHI)

FALL 2007 GENS-A

=================

Champ: ericanthony76 (MTL)

Runner Up: juice maker (DET)

FALL 2007 GENS-B

=================

Champ: kgman (PIT)

Runner Up: Ben (MTL)

FALL 2007 GENS-C

=================

Champ: Sebe (MTL)

Runner Up: jrodimus31 (CAL)

FALL 2007 GENS-D

=================

Champ: sungod661 (PIT)

Runner Up: dexture (TB)

FALL 2007 SNES-A

=================

Champ: Jeff94rules1 (VAN)

Runner Up: fenty (PIT)

FALL 2007 SNES-B

=================

Champ: Cajanek (STL)

Runner Up: BloodyThroats (PIT)

-Evan

In 3/4 last leagues i have personally played in (GDL2 Classic and OSL) All three of EA, AJ, and Myself were 3 of the 4 semi final teams.. and in the first two leagues one of them knocked me out :lol: With EA winning both. OSL is still to be determined and is my first chance to not get knocked out of a league by one of them.. In GDL3(dont get me started,) only AJ is going to the semis. and as far as KG is concerned.. 2 words: washed up :lol:

Maybe the secret is having a 2 letter name... but id have to say based off winning EA or KG (although he cant beat me) has the best resume.. although AJ seems to be equal with them due to his mind reading trip move.