NHL'94 Forums

Sega On Playstation

hey i remember awhile back someone writing on here that you could play these nhl games on your playstation or playstation 2 but i cant figure out how to do it. i found this site http://www.gamebase.ca/pgen/ but cant figure it out at all. i just think it would be great if i could get these games to play on a playstation or ps2 so i didnt have to risk damaging my sega when taking the games to other houses because i seem to be the only person that still has a sega among my friends.

yeah it works for ps2, can't do it on ps1 as far as I know because it isnt powerful enough. You need a modchip though im 90% sure, or the hard drive setup for ps2.

From what I remember it works flawlessly for most games on Genesis and SNES (snes station).

i have the slimline ps2 though. i hear that you cant do it on that. i just wish that there was some way to make the nhl ROM into a ps2 game. i'm looking for the easiest simplest way to do it cause i keep reading all this stuff about like taking your ps2 apart and stuff and i dont want to mess up my ps2.

what you need to do is whats called an memory card exploit...you save this certain file on your mem card, run an old PS1 game in a fat PS2 and it tricks the system into running what you want...something like that...from there you can load and run programs called .elf's...the pgen is basically an emulator for PS2 that runs genesis games...i have it set up to run right from a usb thumb drive...btw its not that great...its a littly choppy when you play nhl 94 is anyway...hope some of this made sense...

hahaha yeah you're right. it seems simple yet not all at the same time. hahaha i just figured out the emulator stuff less than a month ago. so doing all that seems a little much. i was just hoping i could like save the file to a disc and play it like that. i was just looking for something really simple.