NHL'94 Forums

Passing Control Gens Vs Snes

IceStorm70

So I'm watching some sweet vids Jeff94 posted from SNES and one thing stuck out, the passing percentage.

Specifically this vid:

Does anyone who knows both systems know if the passing percentages are pretty comparable between SNES and Genesis?

So I'm watching some sweet vids Jeff94 posted from SNES and one thing stuck out, the passing percentage.

Specifically this vid:

Does anyone who knows both systems know if the passing percentages are pretty comparable between SNES and Genesis?

Most games I play....pass percentage falls mostly between 45 - 65%.

Keep in mind in that video jeff has taken the 5 best clips he had.

I've seen some neat plays put up by both systems....this for genesis is one of my favs.

Passing in SNES is easier / more likely to succeed.

It'd be nice if the Gens passing were a little more accurate, something I would definitely try to tweak if the source code were available (hint-hint EA!)

Passing in SNES is easier / more likely to succeed.

It'd be nice if the Gens passing were a little more accurate, something I would definitely try to tweak if the source code were available (hint-hint EA!)

I know those were highlights but ya, the puck seemed to be a magnet on those vids. Almost too perfect to watch.

Had some games in the high 80's before myself. If you don't force passes through heavy traffic, and are decisive about distributing the puck, you can do precision passing in the Genesis version..Just don't jam the pass button real hard, or make a lot of backward passes at 100 MPH.

Here's a screen I had from a game the today.

tajwhf.jpg

I do love me some passes..Notice how I have no one timers? That was intentional because they count as errant passes in the game.

EDIT: Should also mention when playing the CPU I always set the lines with the teams worst players based on their overall rating.

Same goes for SNES.. A one-timer does not count as a connected pass. I've got a friend I play NHL 94 with rather regularly and I tend to get like 45-60% most of the time (but then again, I shoot quite a lot of one-timers). I feel the Genesis has better puck physics, a bit more advanced. More common to get redirections and stuff like that.

• 4 weeks later...

passing in Gens is brutal......even 1st liners on most of the teams i've tried I've noticed the puck just bounces off of them, or passes dont get through to players. It always gets intercepted (unlike in the SNES version)

something should be done (if possible) to the future edits and the stick handling and passing of 95% of the players should go up ALOT. (rating of 80-95 for all the players)

Even the worst players in the league can take a pass. It doesn't mean that you have an overall rating of 49 to 65% that you couldn't handle a pass.

You didn't reach the NHL for nothing!

how can I make the changes myself?

passing in Gens is brutal......even 1st liners on most of the teams i've tried I've noticed the puck just bounces off of them, or passes dont get through to players. It always gets intercepted (unlike in the SNES version)

something should be done (if possible) to the future edits and the stick handling and passing of 95% of the players should go up ALOT. (rating of 80-95 for all the players)

Even the worst players in the league can take a pass. It doesn't mean that you have an overall rating of 49 to 65% that you couldn't handle a pass.

You didn't reach the NHL for nothing!

how can I make the changes myself?

You can edit the attributes with NOSE

http://www.hexaddicts.com/nose/index.html

But guys still suck at taking passes even if you up the passing and stickhandling.