NHL'94 Forums

New Cities for GDL 4

IceStorm70

Hey, any chance we can add new cities to the game?

For instance, I'd love to be the Rochester Americans. Not sure how much work it'd be.

Also, Harlem wouldn't be bad :)

Hey, any chance we can add new cities to the game?

For instance, I'd love to be the Rochester Americans. Not sure how much work it'd be.

Also, Harlem wouldn't be bad :)

I thought you would've requested the Maine Mariners.

I thought you would've requested the Maine Mariners.

ahhh yes we swept them bastaads at cumberland civic center 1983 baby. Mikey Keenan, Jacques Cloutier and the boys.

Bob Froese and Sam St Laurent manned the nets for the Mariners.

Nah, I like the Amerks,.

Just so we are all clear here, im maintaining donch's policy on what teams can be choosen. No minor league, junior, college, european, asian, south american, african, australian, national, cup teams, all star, semi-pro, beer league, created, defunct nhl, or youth league teams of any sort.

Just so we are all clear here, im maintaining donch's policy on what teams can be choosen. No minor league, junior, college, european, asian, south american, african, australian, national, cup teams, all star, semi-pro, beer league, created, defunct nhl, or youth league teams of any sort.

well, that effectively ends this thread.

Dammit gr81, it was the Manitoba suggestion that ruined it. Nobody likes the Moose.

so any nhl team of the past then? .how about california seals or colorado rockies or atlanta flames etc etc...

Atlanta is allowed since its still part of a current team...the seals are defunct and thus not available for play.

Can I be the Orange Flyers, my work hockey team?

(we have a 10-team league. 2 goals and 2 assists in 16 games, oh yeah! I used to play goalie, so I have little scoring sense.. I think my +/- is pretty good, though..).

But seriously.. let's stick to NHL teams. I don't know/care about these college teams.

if you're following what I did this past season then it would be any team from the original 94 game and any current teams in the NHL. (i.e. Thrashers, Avalanche, Wild, Blue Jackets, Predators)

Anaheim can have either the Ducks or the Mighty Ducks from 94 but not both.

Guys, keep in mind that without DaDonch or someone else working on the rom we may not be able to get new logos onto the game. It would probably be best to wait until that is figured out before teams start exchanging hands.

To clear up any confusion about the ROM...

I have discussed working on the ROM with AJ and gr81. I am willing to do the whole ROM, the graphics, the logos, whatever is needed. If other guys want to jump in and help out with the rosters and such thats fine.

Jesus (Clockwise) expressed interest in maybe taking over the project. If Jesus would like to tackle the challenge he most certainly can (he taught me everything I know). If he declines, I will step in and put something together for Season 4.