NHL'94 Forums

Got the Tototek Flash Card Working

Hey guys,

So for anyone who was interested in getting a tototek flash card which allows you to copy bin files onto a cartridge and play them on your Genesis console, here's what I had to do:

After purchasing and receiving the 32M card, and cables from tototek I had to use the software Dreamwriter v.1.6. Version 2.1 did NOT work and that was one of the things messing me up.

The other important thing to do is change your bios setting for the parallel port to EPP.

That's it, I did a test today and the game wrote to the cartridge, and played perfectly.

-Evan

I burn them onto a cd and play them on my modded PS2 with a genesis emulator. It can fit a whole CD's worth of games. Very cool. Also have a NES, SNES, Neo Geo and C64 emulator for my PS2. Worth a try if you didn' know about it.

I think the Tototek MD flash card will only work with BIN files but that's ok as most of the Genny ROM files you find on the net are BIN files.

Now you can have lots of versions of 94 on one cart plus other great Genesis games.

I think the Tototek MD flash card will only work with BIN files but that's ok as most of the Genny ROM files you find on the net are BIN files. 

Now you can have lots of versions of 94 on one cart plus other great Genesis games.

does anyone think we could get nhl94 to work on Xbox since its just a glofied cpu

Kgman,

You can probably play NHL94 (Genesis or SNES) on just about any console with the mods and software that are out there. I actually noticed someone just posted about playing NHL94 2 on 2 on his xbox with his friends as a drinking game.

-Evan