NHL'94 Forums

100% Genesis Rom?

The SNES Juiced rom has turned out to be a positive, exciting variant on the standard NHL94 drudgery. Everyone has an even team, all stats are maxed, the game is incredibly fast, and it's beginning to unseat the old rom.

Is there - or can someone make - a 100% stats (188 weight) rom for Genesis so that we can have juiced leagues as well? The biggest thing that bugs me is that the game is inherently unfair, and the SNES side of this community has been a lot more open to change (in terms of competitive balance - minus the draft league) than the Gens, therefore I have been a SNES guy.

If someone makes this rom, the more teams the better.

The problem is that with Snes you can stop the attack from a fair distance and the goalie is more responsive to fakes and slapers which is not the case in gens and basically the one that would win the faceoff would make a goal...

The problem is that with Snes you can stop the attack from a fair distance and the goalie is more responsive to fakes and slapers which is not the case in gens and basically the one that would win the faceoff would make a goal...
What if it was just even teams, then? It doesn't have to be 100 for every stat, but make all forwards be the same, all defensemen be the same, and all goalies be the same. Plus, we've seen in trialling the juiced rom with NoNo rules that the game is actually not that high scoring (9-8 OT was the worst so far, and that was an aberration).

What if it was just even teams, then? It doesn't have to be 100 for every stat, but make all forwards be the same, all defensemen be the same, and all goalies be the same. Plus, we've seen in trialling the juiced rom with NoNo rules that the game is actually not that high scoring (9-8 OT was the worst so far, and that was an aberration).

Yeah, make the speed/agility 5/5 and the shooting 4/4, and it could be good.

Im not sure how many gens guys i speak for, but i play in the snes juiced league and im just not a big fan of the rom. Theres no personality to anything, its just a bunch of clones out there that go a million miles an hour. I love having different players with different skill sets and teams with different strengths and weaknesses, thats part of the beauty of the game because it can be played so many ways then and the variables are endless.

I'm going to manually edit the rom to try 100% - I'd like to add a little flavor to it, however, instead of it being a hard-checking, hard-shooting, fast-skating version completely...

My key here is even-teams, and having all the players be the same as their position is one way to do it. I know that AJ doesn't like that because a team has no character, but you have to remember that it's the coach's character that usually comes out more.

Regardless, I'm going to try it out and we'll see how it works. I have a feeling that the forwards will get their checking, weight, etc dropped, and the defensemen will have lower shot accuracy...not sure what else (I don't want awareness to be less than 100 if I can, though).

What about a ROM where all the teams are the same, BUT they are comprised of players with varying attributes. Like NES Ice Hockey. The slow checker who can shoot, the speedy passer/deker with a weak shot who's easy to knock over, and the medium guy! Then everyone can choose the guys they want.

What about a ROM where all the teams are the same, BUT they are comprised of players with varying attributes. Like NES Ice Hockey. The slow checker who can shoot, the speedy passer/deker with a weak shot who's easy to knock over, and the medium guy! Then everyone can choose the guys they want.

That's a pretty good idea. Any suggestions on settings?

I tried out the game with everyone at 6 (99)...goalies weren't edited though so I'm going to try that soon. NOSE is so freaking great...

That's a pretty good idea. Any suggestions on settings?

I tried out the game with everyone at 6 (99)...goalies weren't edited though so I'm going to try that soon. NOSE is so freaking great...

One idea is to take the top 9 forwards and top 6 defense as chosen in the GDL (average over past three drafts)

Jeremy Roenick

Mario Lemieux

Pavel Bure

Alexnder Mogilny

Theoren Fleury

Steve Yzerman

Teemu Selanne

Doug Gilmour

Dino Ciccarelli

Ray Bourque

Phil Housley

Don Sweeney

Paul Coffey

Chris Chelios

Gary Suter

Set the goalies to 99s, though.

Hahaha.. What a cool idea! :D Ice Hockey rules! Might be fun to try and make something like that...

Wow.. *brain storming* Got a bunch of ideas from that..

That would be totally bitchin! Gotta try that out some day! <_<

Alright, I just want to report that the all-99s rom is actually very good. I think some of these concerns that people have here are being answered: it's fast but not too fast, the goalies aren't getting beat on every shot, it's not a complete checkfest like SNES (at least not yet), and the game actually tends to mirror the real game a little more (dump-ins, crashing the net, a little bit of cycling). Maybe it's cause I'm not good at Gens yet, but I'm just not seeing it as a bad rom...I'll finish the teams and post it soon.

and lowest weight (156 or 164 i think)

Has anyone created a ROM like this yet just to see how great the checking is?

-Evan