NHL'94 Forums

Beer hockey...Any one no bout it?

urbanmonk

Started playng in highschool.In college it manifested into a drinking game.Get scored on drink.Once are skills were top notch sober we found this the only way to further our skills.Now us old schoolers get together for beer hockey a couple times a year.Wonder if anyone else does this.Skills have developed to the point where we play other's sober and it's no match.No fair.and out right boring.It's like gambling without money.Now my friend just told me about this site and said there are real fanatics on here.I've got to get me a controller soon test some of you out.He said ya'll sound good.I don't know your fancy terms for shots and moves.All I know how to do is score with The Fluery and break some glass with the mongolian nightmare.I got some terms of my own.Don't under estimate this drunken master.I'm gonna be coming for some hat tricks to rink near you.I might even have to put down my beer and focus if ya'll as good as you say you are...Get ready...urbanmonklogo.jpg

I can only assume from the lack of spacing and line breaks that you, sir, had, in fact, just played beer hockey when you wrote that post, thereby doing a fine job of communicating the effects of playing beer hockey in words over the internet. Nicely done.

Easter weekend 1999. Ball State University. Studebaker West Dorm. 36 pack cans of Icehouse. My roommate and I. NHL 99 Nintendo 64.

Drink every WHISTLE.

And I still have a hangover.

Beer hockey is the only way I play. It can be kind of boring without. No offense to the community, of course.