xdeathsbloodx

division 4

kgman

icestorm

dmac

smozoma

hokkeefan

kingscuprun

thanks, guess it was posted somewhere before and i missed it?

A little sad to see that once again everyone in my division is a playoff contender with 20+ wins last season :/

thanks, guess it was posted somewhere before and i missed it?

A little sad to see that once again everyone in my division is a playoff contender with 20+ wins last season :/

sorry to be misleading...I just posted this as divisions randomly picked...its definately meant to be open for discussion.

sorry to be misleading...I just posted this as divisions randomly picked...its definately meant to be open for discussion.

Thanks for the good start Citadel.

The only issue I have is that half my division is from the left coast (DMAC/Hokkee,Kings). Might make for some choppy league games.

OK, don't wanna sound like an elitest, or heaven forbid a nazi, but what about giving the west coasters their own division.

AJ

Dmac

Hokkee

Kings

Jrod

Swos (europe right?)

That seems like a very strong and well balanced division. The other three division can bet set up either randomly or by an impartial presenter.

But whatever is decided, please please keep KG in my division. I like smacking that little biotch around ;) Especially now that he's been introduced to the ways of the Canadian Correctional System. Victor Hugo, please meet Ben Dover.

Thanks for the good start Citadel.

The only issue I have is that half my division is from the left coast (DMAC/Hokkee,Kings). Might make for some choppy league games.

OK, don't wanna sound like an elitest, or heaven forbid a nazi, but what about giving the west coasters their own division.

AJ

Dmac

Hokkee

Kings

Jrod

Swos (europe right?)

That seems like a very strong and well balanced division. The other three division can bet set up either randomly or by an impartial presenter.

But whatever is decided, please please keep KG in my division. I like smacking that little biotch around ;) Especially now that he's been introduced to the ways of the Canadian Correctional System. Victor Hugo, please meet Ben Dover.

swos should be in an eastern division, no? Finland(right?) is closer to the east coast of north america than the west coast (russia is in the way!).

Either way, I think splitting the divisions up geographically could upset the balance of the divisions. Need to make sure there are no "everyone is over .500" divisions.

swos should be in an eastern division, no? Finland(right?) is closer to the east coast of north america than the west coast (russia is in the way!).

Either way, I think splitting the divisions up geographically could upset the balance of the divisions. Need to make sure there are no "everyone is over .500" divisions.

your right ...swos needs to be in more of a eastern division

I think divisions should be more based on the standings from last season. We dont want to have happen, what did last year with one Confererence being WAY stronger then the other.

Agreed. We need to make the divisions as even as possible, even if it means having players from the West Coast and the East Coast in the same division. Last season was way too unbalanced..

Can you guys list the locations of everyone here - I'll try and come up with something that works. And how the format has worked in the past, since I can't find anything on it here.

It might be smaller, and uneven divisions, but I promise you it won't be too crazy...how many games in the season are we thinking?

Can you guys list the locations of everyone here - I'll try and come up with something that works. And how the format has worked in the past, since I can't find anything on it here.

It might be smaller, and uneven divisions, but I promise you it won't be too crazy...how many games in the season are we thinking?

Ottawa, Ontario

Europe:

swos - Helsinki Ducks

Northeast:

Sungod - Quebec Nordiques

Sebe - Hamilton Thrashers

kgman - Toronto Jets

Habs - Montreal Canadiens

smozoma - Ontario Stars

sdogg - Hartford Whalers

icestorm - Rochester Oilers

xdeathsbloodx - New Jersey Flyers

carse - Pittsburgh Blues

vocallycaged - Pennsylvania Rangers

matthurray - Westchester Penguins

Southeast:

jamonica - Florida Flames

Midwest:

Scribe99 - Minnesota Wild

gr8199 - Winnipeg Capitals

Backhandfloater - Chicago Blackhawks

Northwest:

dmac - Vancouver Canucks

hokkeefan - B.C. Predators

Southwest:

Angryjay - Lodi Lightning

jrodimus - Las Vegas Sabres

kingscuprun - Orange County Kings

Unknown:

Takeyourpill - Colorado Avalanche

Edisaurus - San Jose Sharks

skoolyardpuck - New Jersey Devils

HABS said he thinks that Scribe is in Minnesota and the others are in the West somewhere. By that logic, there are 8 "western" teams, which could make up two 4-team divisions or one 8-team division.

The midwestern teams are a bit of a question because there would be three of them, as well as jamonica and swos. Once I know exactly where everyone is I can make a legitimate proposal, but I will try and make each division have at least some distance component so that everyone is subjected to it for fairness. Basically, in my proposal there won't be an all-Toronto division.

Europe:

swos - Helsinki Ducks

Northeast:

Sungod - Quebec Nordiques

Sebe - Hamilton Thrashers

kgman - Toronto Jets

Habs - Montreal Canadiens

smozoma - Ontario Stars

sdogg - Hartford Whalers

icestorm - Rochester Oilers

xdeathsbloodx - New Jersey Flyers

carse - Pittsburgh Blues

vocallycaged - Pennsylvania Rangers

matthurray - Westchester Penguins

Southeast:

jamonica - Florida Flames

Midwest:

Scribe99 - Minnesota Wild

gr8199 - Winnipeg Capitals

Backhandfloater - Chicago Blackhawks

Northwest:

dmac - Vancouver Canucks

hokkeefan - B.C. Predators

Southwest:

Angryjay - Lodi Lightning

jrodimus - Las Vegas Sabres

kingscuprun - Orange County Kings

Unknown:

Takeyourpill - Colorado Avalanche

Edisaurus - San Jose Sharks

skoolyardpuck - New Jersey Devils

Do we really want region divisions? i suggested this around end of gdl2, but most ppl said they dont want to face the same guys that theyve always been playing (i agree with this now). Lag is only a big issue for about 2-5 guys in the league. Best way to setup divisions is have them as fair and even as possible.

I say nada to region divisions. Divisions should be set up as even as possible regarding past record from the previous season or some other criteria which looks at past performance. This would be the best shot at getting 2 conferences with even play. Lag has always been a minor issue. Personally speaking, P2P is the way to go for all games. However, even with P2P, there are times (although very rare) where it gets a bit choppy. But overall, imo P2P keeps 85% or so of the games clean. Keep the traditional 2 conference setup and use records as the decider of team placement within the divisions. Stress P2P to all players incoming in the league.

I say nada to region divisions. Divisions should be set up as even as possible regarding past record from the previous season or some other criteria which looks at past performance. This would be the best shot at getting 2 conferences with even play. Lag has always been a minor issue. Personally speaking, P2P is the way to go for all games. However, even with P2P, there are times (although very rare) where it gets a bit choppy. But overall, imo P2P keeps 85% or so of the games clean. Keep the traditional 2 conference setup and use records as the decider of team placement within the divisions. Stress P2P to all players incoming in the league.

I think Skools in Georgia and Pillsers in Toronto

division 1:

kgman

dmac

scribe

matt

kings

swos

division 2:

icestorm

gr8199

jrodimus