NHL'94 Forums

What to do about KG in the draft

angryjay93

Well, i know a lot of you guys really wanna get things rolling on this draft and i really want to keep you guys happy since we have 23 people hanging around just waiting for one dude. And i figure the best way to do that is to let you vote on what i should do about kgman in the draft:

1. Skip him (he drafts when he gets back, if he misses all the rounds he drafts from free agents)

2. Give him the top rated player when its his turn to draft (2 votes)

3. I draft/someone else draft for him (8 votes)

4. Wait for him

5. Toss him and let toronto1cougar take over as a new GM (3 votes)

I hope to start the game on monday or tuesday and get the ball rolling to keep guys interested and occupied.

I encourage everyone to vote and do so quickly, just make a post with your vote in it as to make sure only GDL coaches vote.

Im going to say somewhere between #2 and #3, draft highest rated avail player except when its time to get bassen.

so #2 my vote.

theres just too many guys ready and itching to draft, hella momentum to keep draft flowing.

Draft for him, but maybe draft a spot or two late each round

since it must suck being the guy next to him, getting your pick taken by someone else choosing his team, especially when kgman is known to make strange picks (ie giving the person next to him slightly better players!)

I think someone else should draft for him. Preferably someone not currently in the league.

Better yet, why don't we let the next in line manager draft the team. This way if KG fails to get back in a reasonable time frame, the GM who drafted for him takes over a team he truly 'owns' aka drafted.

No offense what so ever to you AJ, just think an 'outsider' drafting would be better and less prone to any arguments/debates etc.

#5... This is rediculous because he first said he would be back by end of February to finish the Finals. Now its 'sometime in March' and I dont think its fair for the rest of the league to wait that long.

Dont hear from him by March 10th, can him for this season and he can be put at the top of the waiting list. As for aj and kg Finals, let them play it at a later date if aj wants to earn GDL3 Champion. Otherwise just give it to aj.

I highly disagree with aj drafting for kg, which appears to be the favorite choice right now. This isnt a fair choice for the rest of the coaches in the league, having someone smart as aj draft for him.

I highly disagree with aj drafting for kg, which appears to be the favorite choice right now. This isnt a fair choice for the rest of the coaches in the league, having someone smart as aj draft for him.

Lol, cmon Gr819 that'simplying KG can't draft as well as AJ. I'd say they're a pretty even couple of dudes when it comes to drafting.

That said, I still beleive the next in line GM should do the drafting.

nah, i'm gonna have to go with gr8 on this one. It's only fair that he's given a bit of time before he's replaced. Sometimes personal matters overshadow the league and everyone, including kgman, has to accept that. When EA was on vacation he didn't disappear off the face of the earth. He was at least still reachable. It's just getting to be too much at this point. You can't just forget about the f**king joke of a season we had for GDL2. Please let's not repeat that.

Ice, I wasnt implying that aj is a better drafter then kg. I just think either the person who owns the team should be drafting it or at worst case have an outsider do the drafting.

Also, do we really want to wait till March 10th to start the 2nd Round? COME ON GUYS

I think someone else should draft for him. Preferably someone not currently in the league.

Better yet, why don't we let the next in line manager draft the team. This way if KG fails to get back in a reasonable time frame, the GM who drafted for him takes over a team he truly 'owns' aka drafted.

Sounds good to me. Just make sure the person is aware of the weight bug.

No one should draft for KG. Unless they know about the secret "Long Reach / Stick" player attribute...

My opinion? There were deadlines set werent there? Stick to em. Take the next guy in line. We gotta draw the line somewhere so these leagues don't go draggin' on and on. Put KG at the top of the list of replacements. Great thing about KG is he's competitive with any team.

sonicxx speaking : i dont mind drafting for KGMAN since i am the next in line - but if he does show up before the deadline its still his team but just with my draft choices

on another note since AJ is winning the vote he should draft for him since thats what you guys want - keep in mind AJ wants to start the league monday or tuesday, asap - so one of these choices would work best

toronto1cougar is my aim but i go by sonicxx in the server

he just needs to be replaced. That's all there is to it. It gives another person a chance to play in the draft league and speeds things up. kg knows the deal. For some reason people revere the guy so much that they feel he needs to be in the league at all costs. No. Let someone else play.

If he has a cell phone he has no excuse. Mobile AIM is free and wonderful. My damn computer was broken completely for six months and I still kept in contact with people via my phone.

Well we've had half the league speak up and the strong sentiment seems to be let someone else draft the team.

So in that case i will allow toronto1cougar to draft in kgmans place. Kgman has until March 10th in which to recclaim his team, at that point if he doesnt show up, toronto1cougar is the new official coach of Winnipeg.

Since cougar is a new coach, i will conduct a new lottery with the 3 new coaches being involved and i will post results shortly.

Also, look for the draft to officially start in the next day or two depending on how fast we can get the database all set up and pretty.

As someone not in the league at the moment, it is necessary to keep things moving along in a timely matter. I say drop kgman, let the next guy in line in, and let the draft continue. This will hopefully allow you to finish up quicker and start the GDL 4 Preseason.

As for the GDL 3 finals...I agree with something that was said. Pick it up at a later date if AJ wants to earn it. Otherwise, just give him the title.

kg, we could either let you email a list to aj(I did this in S1) or have someone of your choice do the picks for you.

knowing ASAP would be needed though.

If he has internet access from where he is, he should be able to draft, no?

iam not gonna make out a gay list lol ........i HAVE INTERNET access which means i can take part in the draft.....BOB BAssen has invoked his no trade clause and ive stuck my franshise player tag on him so hes undraftable