NHL'94 Forums

Advanced tactics!

Alright.

skating backwards

When i was playing jeff..if he lost the face off he would skate backwards into the defending zone and pwn me :)

i asked fenty about skating backwards he had no idea.

so is jeff a hacker? am i on drugs? or does anyone know how to do this?

im calling this an advanced tactic because theres no button to press to just do it. theres obviously more to it..

please share and other advanced tactics if you got any :D

not that i think there are any...

how to skate backwards? push in the opposite direction your player is facing.....otherwise I'm not sure if I understand the question.

I'm no SNES guy but i thought the shoulder buttons had something to do with taking control of a dman or skating backwards?

Correct. L and R selects either Left or Right defender (when def. control is enabled). Other than that a player skates "backwards" when he crosses his own blue line and the puck is in another zone, right?

If you suspect cheating or something, just press F2 to save a state so you could view the replay later on or post it on youtube or whatever. :) I don't think he's cheating though, sounds... Normal?

never thought about backskating as advanced tactics, but I do think that using the stand-back-up button is relatively advanced.

alright after some 1v1 practice, the backwards skating is automatic LOL

i noobed that one, sorry guys lol.

however...

never thought about backskating as advanced tactics, but I do think that using the stand-back-up button is relatively advanced.

Good point! that's an advanced tactic. requires really good timing and not easy to pull off....and if mastered can give a big advantage.

good call trudatman

anyone else got something advanced to share? :P

Not a tactic, more a strategy, and sometimes you see it in my play.

I'll pass back occasionally on a drive, especially if I don't think I'll get a good scoring chance out of it. This can pull the defenders (the CPU guys) toward my own blue line and hopefully I can get a 2 on 1 chance off a pass.

Am I the only person who sees the "get back up button" as an exploit? I mean, it's obviously not supposed to be in there, and it greatly diminishes the advantage that a player who delivers a successful check is supposed to receive.

Am I the only person who sees the "get back up button" as an exploit? I mean, it's obviously not supposed to be in there, and it greatly diminishes the advantage that a player who delivers a successful check is supposed to receive.

I disagree totally. if you get knocked down, you can get back up (in real life, right?) but you won't necessarily be immediately useful; in the game, if there is an opponent touching you (usually the dude that hit you), you will be clinging to him, essentially using his uprightedness to gain your own. even if it wasn't intended to be part of the game: it is part of the game and a crucial one, as far as advance tactics are concerned.

I disagree totally. if you get knocked down, you can get back up (in real life, right?) but you won't necessarily be immediately useful; in the game, if there is an opponent touching you (usually the dude that hit you), you will be clinging to him, essentially using his uprightedness to gain your own. even if it wasn't intended to be part of the game: it is part of the game and a crucial one, as far as advance tactics are concerned.

Uh, no, in real life, if you get hammered with a body check and go to the ice, it takes you at least a couple of seconds to get up. Nobody just pops right back up, ready to keep playing. It wasn't intended to be in the game (you can't tell me that at some point, the programmers at EA decided they wanted a "stand right back up immediately" button), it's unbalancing, and it's just jarring to see it happen since it's completely nonsensical.

Uh, no, in real life, if you get hammered with a body check and go to the ice, it takes you at least a couple of seconds to get up. Nobody just pops right back up, ready to keep playing. It wasn't intended to be in the game (you can't tell me that at some point, the programmers at EA decided they wanted a "stand right back up immediately" button), it's unbalancing, and it's just jarring to see it happen since it's completely nonsensical.

oh, so in the real game there is a certain amount of time you must stay down before getting back up? please.

oh, so in the real game there is a certain amount of time you must stay down before getting back up? please.

Yes, there is. It's called At Least For A Moment Or Two Because The Ice Is Not A Trampoline.

Yes, there is. It's called At Least For A Moment Or Two Because The Ice Is Not A Trampoline.

then a REALLY QUICK up is like catching your balance after a check. please.

then a REALLY QUICK up is like catching your balance after a check. please.

Jesus, you're still defending this? I'm just gonna declare victory and be done with it.

Jesus, you're still defending this? I'm just gonna declare victory and be done with it.

ah, the classic, super-mature I'm-going-to-declare-that-I-can't-believe-you-are-still-defending-your-point-and-THEN-get-in-the-last-word-myself-and-consider-my-point-proven retort! haven't seen that one since third grade, but, hey, it's all fair here in the land of the Everybody Hates Tru Message Board, as long as it's me on the other side of the discussion.

ah, the classic, super-mature I'm-going-to-declare-that-I-can't-believe-you-are-still-defending-your-point-and-THEN-get-in-the-last-word-myself-and-consider-my-point-proven retort! haven't seen that one since third grade, but, hey, it's all fair here in the land of the Everybody Hates Tru Message Board, as long as it's me on the other side of the discussion.

Aw, come on, tru, I don't hate you. I barely even know you, and, I'm sure that if I got to know you, I wouldn't hate you. I mean, I might, but I don't think I should make that judgement without all the facts.

Sadly, though, if you haven't seen such a tactic since the third grade, you're either a) in the third grade or <_< really, really ignorant of the world around you. Politicians do it all the time. Mayors, for example, love to do it when it comes to snow. No matter how bad it gets at the time, they just wait for spring and then declare victory.

Aw, come on, tru, I don't hate you. I barely even know you, and, I'm sure that if I got to know you, I wouldn't hate you. I mean, I might, but I don't think I should make that judgement without all the facts. Sadly, though, if you haven't seen such a tactic since the third grade, you're either a) in the third grade or <_< really, really ignorant of the world around you. Politicians do it all the time. Mayors, for example, love to do it when it comes to snow. No matter how bad it gets at the time, they just wait for spring and then declare victory.

....followed up by the "then you're stupid" defense. you're on a roll!

I don't see the back and forth comments stopping anytime soon....thread closed.