NHL'94 Forums

Controlling who is on fire?

I am hoping to someday edit 94 with new rosters, but with 1 twist to what I've seen people here do. I want to go beyond a player's traditional 0-6 ratings scale. In other words, I want to have players' default attributes to be a more true 0-100 scale like their adjusted attributes (after hot/cold calculations are taken into effect). I figure the easiest way to do this would be to control the hot/cold setting.

I am assuming that the computer's selection for a certain game's hot/cold players is completely random. Is there a way to avoid this randomization & select a hot/cold player? I figure it would be hard to rework the game's code, so I thought the easiest way to do it would be through save states. The problem is, how do I isolate the code in the save state that points to who is hot/cold?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there another way adjust the ratings scale besides tinkering with the hot/cold setting? If not, how can I control who is hot or cold through save states or otherwise?