NHL'94 Forums

nhl98-2008

axeofthunder

i'm really surprised that there arent like any hack for nhl 98. i cant even tell you how many hours i spent playing this one because it was the last on the genesis. i've played all the others too forever especially 94 and 96 but i always thought that 98 was just a great game with players having special moves and all. i've been looking for an updated version of this but just cant find it. i would make it myself but have no clue on how to hack the game and then what to rate every player. i really appreciate the people who do this type of thing because you have to be really dedicated to redo a whole game that you're not being paid to do. well anyway this whole post is to ask if anybody knows of anyone who updated nhl98 and where i can get it?

i'm really surprised that there arent like any hack for nhl 98. i cant even tell you how many hours i spent playing this one because it was the last on the genesis. i've played all the others too forever especially 94 and 96 but i always thought that 98 was just a great game with players having special moves and all. i've been looking for an updated version of this but just cant find it. i would make it myself but have no clue on how to hack the game and then what to rate every player. i really appreciate the people who do this type of thing because you have to be really dedicated to redo a whole game that you're not being paid to do. well anyway this whole post is to ask if anybody knows of anyone who updated nhl98 and where i can get it?

How about 97, it is essentially the same game minus the 2 line pass annoyance. The Whalers are relocated to Carolina as well in my hack. As far as the players special moves, it is not in my hack. The special moves are related to team and player numbers only. For example, if I wanted Thomas Vanek to have a special move, I would have to change his number to 16 (Pat LaFontaine was the only player on the Sabres to have a "move" in 97).

download here...

http://www.saw76.com/sabredance.html

Even though you are a Flyer fan.

yeah you're right about 97 and 98 being pretty much the same game. i did download your nhl97 a couple days ago and i might be wrong but are some teams missing? for some reason i dont remember seeing the blue jackets and another team that seems to be slipping my mind. not that i really care because i have never even thought about playing with the blue jackets or anything. i pretty much only play with the flyers unless theres a "tournament" me and my friends play where we just choose whatever team. but i do have to thank you for making a great game and having it all up to date and all with the trades. also the two line pass was annoying

yeah you're right about 97 and 98 being pretty much the same game. i did download your nhl97 a couple days ago and i might be wrong but are some teams missing? for some reason i dont remember seeing the blue jackets and another team that seems to be slipping my mind. not that i really care because i have never even thought about playing with the blue jackets or anything. i pretty much only play with the flyers unless theres a "tournament" me and my friends play where we just choose whatever team. but i do have to thank you for making a great game and having it all up to date and all with the trades. also the two line pass was annoying

All teams are represented in my hack.