NHL'94 Forums

Favourite Forum moment?

halifax

I'm stuck at work here late this evening and decided to browse through some old posts. There's been quite a lot of ranting and complaining as well as some great one liners etc.

clockwise, addisonbr, tick, EA, metz have posted some funny stuff thats cracked me up...and no doubt there were others as well that I cant think of off hand...

but here's my favourite forum moment...

Crossbar complains that he lost to pittsburgh (in the playoffs) since he couldn't stop mario with washington....he starts a debate about banning certain teams for the following league because some teams are 'too good'.....and then there becomes a huge debate of how the league should be run....this debate rages on for well over 100 posts spread over a few topics....

Then kgman points out a post showing that crossbar had pittsburgh at the beginning of the season and traded the penguins to the guy who used pittsburgh to beat crossbar in the playoffs....ahhh the irony.....lol

What is your favourite post? favourite forum moment/incident? funniest one liner you've read?

not to dwell on old $#!+, but all teams except mods (unless agreed, I guess) and allstar teams are fair and the guy who wanted to ban the Penguins (HA!) is/was/will be a moron. I guess it could even be stated that any team is fair as long as the other guy can pick the same team or an allstar team. in a tournament, everybody gets a chance at whatever team, so even there an allstar team would technically be fair. I'm much more liberal on this issue than moron number one.

Geez, there's so many :blink:

Fav post-Gotta be one of awesomerino's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there posts about his teams post game antics in the locker room. If memory serves, a few of awesome's Kings players were raped/murdered, Gretzky almost OD'd on a mountain of coke and Kelly Hrudey was killed and eaten.

*Honorable mention to any one of Hokk's various(drunken) rants :lol:

Fav forum incident- "Hokkeegate" where hokkeefan was temporarily banned from league play and i believe the forums. He then went on to create several aliases who talked about how nice a guy he was. Everybody knew who it was and gave him constant crap for it.

Fav one-liner-"The square root of 100 is alligator"-Tomas Sandstrom

Another favorite was someone pointing out how hokkee once "Hulk smashed" his computer desk after a particular loss. :lol::lol:

That s**t is still funny :lol:

So many memories...well, not that many. As far as my personal highlights go....

I really enjoyed halifax's Genesis-SNES summit series writeups. In particular (and as I noted at the time), one line in particular from this post just killed me.

smozoma's video-making guide got me to...well, start making videos and posting them on YouTube. They're mostly unpopular!

Oh, and the posts where I'm credited as the inventor of that move when you start to skate across the goal, let your opponent take control of the goalie and skate across to cut you off, and then flip the puck into the now-vacated near side of the net. Lost, sadly, in the server purge of a couple of years ago.

To date:

When wboy taught my how to edit the games graphics and crease, or when Evan let me do the NHLPA'93 section for his site, or when I finished the 2on2 site, or when I finished the 91 edit, or when Ahola uttered the now infamous "Porridge and Juice", or when I did the NHL'94 experiment and the banter that ensued between JeffRules1 and his futile argument, or when halifax asked me what my favorite NHL '94.com moment is, or when I won the 1st 2on2 tournament with Voc....

To date:

When wboy taught my how to edit the games graphics and crease, or when Evan let me do the NHLPA'93 section for his site, or when I finished the 2on2 site, or when I finished the 91 edit, or when Ahola uttered the now infamous "Porridge and Juice", or when I did the NHL'94 experiment and the banter that ensued between JeffRules1 and his futile argument, or when halifax asked me what my favorite NHL '94.com moment is, or when I won the 1st 2on2 tournament with Voc....

JESUS???

one moment not a dozen.....lol. Great moments tho.

Id have to say most memorable so far would have to be when Wags called me out for cheating, using " the weight hack" lol.... , second to that winning Gens C and making the official post.

or when I did the NHL'94 experiment and the banter that ensued between JeffRules1 and his futile argument

His futile argument

Me :blink:

More like our futile argument.

Eh

More like clockwise and his futile argument.

I've played Genesis and the deking is better with SNES and it's easier to pick the goalie.

That is the most important part of a hockey game.

Deke and goalie control.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic...ost&p=24829

Deke, passing and goalie control like SNES and the '94 view where you get to see all the players for 1 half of the ice.

Unlike new hockey video games with bad views for seeing all the players on the ice and the goalies on the top half.(Most games are a little too far away).

Get harder slapshots like Genesis (Not that slap shots go in that much in Genesis either.) and reverse instant replay angle and update the rosters to 2008 and wham.

Problem solved with a great game we all can love with added block shot and fake pass and such in future years. :lol:

Fav one-liner-"The square root of 100 is alligator"-Tomas Sandstrom

Oh my god, still my favourite. I laugh just thinking about it.

That and some guy named 'Pizza' calling himself a perfectionist [yet living in his parents house of a mess]

Oh my god, still my favourite. I laugh just thinking about it.

That and some guy named 'Pizza' calling himself a perfectionist [yet living in his parents house of a mess]

Have you watched Dr. Pizza's youtube blog or whatever you want to call it. He's under Dr.P1zza. I think they might be pulled down now but if you can find them... very worth it. Especially since some of us have experienced his craziness first hand on this site.

Have you watched Dr. Pizza's youtube blog or whatever you want to call it. He's under Dr.P1zza. I think they might be pulled down now but if you can find them... very worth it. Especially since some of us have experienced his craziness first hand on this site.

Yes, I know his name and his awful [ly hilarious] vids.