NHL'94 Forums

Color Commentator

not sure the extent or how powerful the software is that you guys are using but wouldn't it be sweet to bring in the game announcers from NHL 2008 to the nhl94 roms?!?!!? that would definitely put Ron Barr out of a job!

is this even possible?

That would be amazing, and helllla hard work.

To date I dont think we are even able to edit any sound in the 94 bin at all.

Something about the sound bytes seperated in pieces through the whole rom, making it near impossible.

Custom arena music would be cool.

not sure the extent or how powerful the software is that you guys are using but wouldn't it be sweet to bring in the game announcers from NHL 2008 to the nhl94 roms?!?!!? that would definitely put Ron Barr out of a job!

is this even possible?

uhh.. totally impossible

again, I'm speaking from inexperience, but would there be anyway for NHL94 to "piggyback" a new version so that it has the sound capabilities of the commentators?

I'm pretty sure you can't edit any of the sounds on the NHL 94 ROM. You can't add sounds either. I really hope somebody can find out how to edit sound though, that would be so cool.

again, I'm speaking from inexperience, but would there be anyway for NHL94 to "piggyback" a new version so that it has the sound capabilities of the commentators?

It's made for a Sega..

We don't have the source code, either, so figuring out how to link up the game events to sounds would be next to impossible. Then you'd have to have an application that knew how to track the execution of the sega code, too, to be able to play the sounds.............

all of these impossibilities....

but its ok to dream!

i found this forum didn't i????!!!!

=)

I dream that they release the source code so we can make all the dreams come true : (