NHL'94 Forums

Spring 2008 SNES...request/confirm test game here.

halifax

This thread will allow new SNES players to confirm they have played a game against a vet from the league.

The New player MUST be able to host a game with a clean connection.

Vets should post here to confirm each rookie they play a test game against that they understand the process and have a good connection.

Is it a problem if i cant do z battle? and when i say i cant i really cant.

my reason for not being able to port forward:

My router came with my ISP. But then i changed ISP, and my previous ISP blocks me from changing router settings.

so i need a new router, which will be a while before i buy one probably...

as long as you can host a game (zbattle, hamachi or otherwise)...and your connection is good...that's all that matters.

as long as you can host a game (zbattle, hamachi or otherwise)...and your connection is good...that's all that matters.

If by assuming that I don't need to do this again I am wrong, test game me please.

he wont be able to host a game, only join a hosted TCP game if he doesnt have his router configured correctly.

he wont be able to host a game, only join a hosted TCP game if he doesnt have his router configured correctly.

I've hosted on hamachi before without any problems. Just have to figure out where the router is physically now. Seems like a silly problem but I don't know where my roommate set it up, or if I'm connected to a network that's not my own :)

I've hosted on hamachi before without any problems. Just have to figure out where the router is physically now. Seems like a silly problem but I don't know where my roommate set it up, or if I'm connected to a network that's not my own :unsure:

Yeah I guess hamchi will work. I won't use it though, I don't feel the need to use some 3rd party VPN service (which is essentially what it is) with a server god knows where that just will add latency to my connection when I have my network configured correctly, just because somebody else doesn't.

Yeah I guess hamchi will work. I won't use it though, I don't feel the need to use some 3rd party VPN service (which is essentially what it is) with a server god knows where that just will add latency to my connection when I have my network configured correctly, just because somebody else doesn't.

It's really not that bad, the worst connection problems I have had are with TCP. Hamachi runs quite smoothly. And again, it'd be a lot easier to config the network, but it's not always an option.

EDIT: Just did a crapload of research and configured the network I was on. Hope to God it's my roommate's :unsure:

It's really not that bad, the worst connection problems I have had are with TCP. Hamachi runs quite smoothly. And again, it'd be a lot easier to config the network, but it's not always an option.

EDIT: Just did a crapload of research and configured the network I was on. Hope to God it's my roommate's :)

I'm going to try port forwarding to see if I can play online. If anyone wants to help me set it up or try a test game, I'm on AIM:

BobKudelski26

I have played on zbattle before but I just reset my router so I'm going to have to port forward again. Hopefully i can get it to work.

I wanna play a test game to get into this league so find me at

my aim: xgrad06

thanks,

dangler

Hi,

I am now setup to play online, thanks to port forwarding! I played last night against Metzergism (sp?).

Do I still need to play a game against a vet to confirm? I am available to play tonight if possible.

My AIM: BobKudelski26

Thanks

I really should write an article on here on exactly why port forwarding is required, and what services like zbattle, hamachi, etc actually DO.

You don't know how helpful that would be, but at the same time you probably don't know how frustrating it would be when people continue to ask the same questions even after reading it...

You don't know how helpful that would be, but at the same time you probably don't know how frustrating it would be when people continue to ask the same questions even after reading it...

haha good point. maybe i could dumb it down or something

hey who do i need to play for a test game for this league? is this league starting after the capitalism league is done? cause i'm currently in that league. i believe i'll be playing you at some point in that league halifax, my aim is xgrad06. so hopefully that is good enough as my test game?

hey who do i need to play for a test game for this league?

any veteran online player will do...you've already played pondhcky1...if you hosted those games..then have pondhcky1 post in this forum saying so on your behalf and then your test game is considered good.

if you did not host..then host some games against another veteran player and have them post on your behalf.

is this league starting after the capitalism league is done?

capitlism league runs until june or so...classic league starts in april and runs until july.

i believe i'll be playing you at some point in that league halifax, my aim is xgrad06. so hopefully that is good enough as my test game?

if we can get a game in during the next couple weeks then yes...it will be good enough(provided everything runs smoothly of course)

I'm directly hosting things almost as clean as a whistle. If someone else could confirm that I'd be happy. If someone would let me beat them and not tell me, I would be more happy. :P

xgrad06 is CONFIRMED as having a clean UDP connection (which means he's able to use zbattle with no issue).

thanks.

I'm pretty much around all the time, aside from during work hours obviously

blarg blarg blarg, still need to prove I have a clean connection even though udp direct connect is now my preferred cap league connection...

devsykora is CONFIRMED. Played 4 games in zbattle.

You're not a Vet, though I suppose for the purposes of confirming a connection it doesn't really matter. I don't think? :)

blarg blarg blarg, still need to prove I have a clean connection even though udp direct connect is now my preferred cap league connection...

I know you're connection is good because we played(but i think i hosted?...i really cant remember)...you just need to have been able to host a game..if you've done that..simply have that person(assuming they are a veteran player)...post on your behalf.

I know you're connection is good because we played(but i think i hosted?...i really cant remember)...you just need to have been able to host a game..if you've done that..simply have that person(assuming they are a veteran player)...post on your behalf.

I'm already confirmed as having a good connection while hosting, but I'm just wondering why it matters if you host the game or not? You can still play the game if the other person hosts? There's no real advantage either way is there?

I'm already confirmed as having a good connection while hosting, but I'm just wondering why it matters if you host the game or not? You can still play the game if the other person hosts? There's no real advantage either way is there?

In theory you could have one person in the league not be able to host and the league would go fine...but if two people make it into the league and neither of them are able to host...how would they play each other?

It doesn't amtter to me how they do it, UDP, TCP, hamachi or whatever...as long as it can be done.

In theory you could have one person in the league not be able to host and the league would go fine...but if two people make it into the league and neither of them are able to host...how would they play each other?

It doesn't amtter to me how they do it, UDP, TCP, hamachi or whatever...as long as it can be done.

OK, makes sense.... nice logic!