NHL'94 Forums

FVHL Posts: Filter Them from Recent list?

Tickenest

Evan, is there any way you can keep posts to the FVHL player bids forum from showing up on the list of most recent posts on the front page? They're of interest to only a subset of everyone who comes here but with the speed at which they're posting in that forum, just about every other post people make gets shunted off the list really quickly. I think the guys who have an interest in that league wouldn't suffer from it because they'll all wind up going to that forum frequently, anyway, and can see what's new over there that way.

350 posts and counting in less than 24 hours? I don't think tick's request is unreasonable to ask.

The VFHL subforums are always are going to have the latest posts for the bidding of each player....which is only important to a handful of guys...not to the rest of the forum (or anyone new coming to the site for that matter)...regardless if its for a few days.

I think if it can be done it should extend to posting scores forums (as in my league and capitalism)..as well as the GDL drafting forum....areas with high posting traffic that are only important to a select few.

Look, I don't think it needs to be done for any forum except the league's bidding posts. I just think that that single forum is absolutely dominating right now and it's extremely difficult to see any other new posts as a result. Once the bidding slows down, I think they can be reinstated, and guys who need to go to that league can just go to the forum and see new posts since they arrived.

When you say recent posts, are you referring to the posts on the homepage right column of nhl94.com or the recent posts actually within the forum? I can filter it out on nhl94.com, but I'm not sure about actually on the forum recent posts.

-Evan

When you say recent posts, are you referring to the posts on the homepage right column of nhl94.com or the recent posts actually within the forum? I can filter it out on nhl94.com, but I'm not sure about actually on the forum recent posts.

-Evan

I was talking about the list of recent posts on the right side of the front page of nhl94.com.

It's the posts you see when you click the "View New Posts" link in the forums.

This page: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?act=Search&CODE=getnew

3+ pages of player names to rummage through to see what's actually new.

Yes, this is annoying as crap. It's a ridiculous amount of topics to filter through.