NHL'94 Forums

Jets over isles in 7

angryjay93

Congratulations to kgman on winning the GDL 3 Cup!

I'm sure Bob Bassen will look great gracing the cover of the GDL 4 ROM.

Sounds like you guys had an amazing series, taking it to the limit. I can't wait to read all about it.

Congrats to AJ as well, you had an awesome season.

I want to thank everyone for a very successful season, and I'm sure AJ will continue to do an outstanding job as Commish (Official now).

Good Luck in GDL Season 4! :)

Gm 1: Jets 11-10

Gm 2: Isles 6-3

Gm 3: Jets 11-4

Gm 4: Isles 8-5

Gm 5: Jets 7-4

Gm 6: Isles 6-5

Gm 7: Jets 8-4

This was an interesting series as there were only 2 truly close games in the entire thing despite it going to 7 games. And no team could ever find consistency at any point it seemed. Gm 1 was among the craziest games ive played, my defenders were never back in their zone, his were but they backed off to their own goal leaving ample passing lanes as the forward backcheck was weak, he just found a way to convert one more of his chances than i.

I really thought game 6 was going to be the turning point in the series since i had 3 defenseman get 3 penalties within 15 seconds of each other and i was down to Steve Konroyd and Dale Hawerchuk on defense, my team held and killed the penalties and found a way to win the game still.

Game 7 turned out like game 3 and 5 though, kgman played some solid hockey, my pokecheck was ineffective, even when it was right on target and my defense was lackluster like it had been all season. kg got off to a 4-0 lead early, sandstrom brought me back all by himself to within 4-3, but then my team proceeded to fall apart once again and let the game get out of hand.

I dont recall ever seeing so many lineup changes as we constantly tried to find ways to counter each other. I think kgman used all of his different defenders as starters at some point and all his forwards except for one.

I'd like to congratulate kgman on his win this season, he played well all season and he earned his cup and was a class act to me after the series even when he knew he could have told me that im still cupless outside of 07/08 leagues.

As for me, im happy to see the season end, now we can all move on and im happy i let the deadline go by without me being rewarded the cup, that would have been a really shallow and meaningless cup and i feel more fulfilled that i gave it everything i had even though it wasnt enough

well done fella's. nice to see for once defense doesn't always win championships.

AJ that was a true accomplishment putting up 6 goals a game on average against Dahlquist and KG's usually stifling defense.

KG you're just a freak when it comes to scoring with what I consider a pretty average at best team. But what the hell do I know. Those be your boys.

Great cap to a terrific GDL season 3. A return championship matchup would not be a suprse at all.

look out your window.

After 3 days of hardcore partying in -40 weather in WPG Kg is back and wanted to thank AJ for a great finals ........Some things to add was Bassen 5 goal performance in Game 1 where everygoal mattered ..........also his Game 7 performance was insane 4 goals he just took his game to another level

the ending was insane as well As Bassen and Brisbois both chked Chuk on the boards with no time on the clock with Bassen taking the game puck which was all CPU controlled was kinda symbolic ...........I said I Did I WON .............for all those that thought i didnt have it anymore 15-2 EA over KG in best player currently .....dont doubt the Legacy!! thx to Donch for putting the season togther great job .......WPG GDL 3 best team ever!

After 3 days of hardcore partying in -40 weather in WPG Kg is back and wanted to thank AJ for a great finals ........Some things to add was Bassen 5 goal performance in Game 1 where everygoal mattered ..........also his Game 7 performance was insane 4 goals he just took his game to another level

the ending was insane as well As Bassen and Brisbois both chked Chuk on the boards with no time on the clock with Bassen taking the game puck which was all CPU controlled was kinda symbolic ...........I said I Did I WON .............for all those that thought i didnt have it anymore 15-2 EA over KG in best player currently .....dont doubt the Legacy!! thx to Donch for putting the season togther great job .......WPG GDL 3 best team ever!

You were in Winnipeg man and you didnt phone me up. What is up with that?... lol