NHL'94 Forums

NHLPA Hockey 2008 Playoff Edition

puckhead8926

Once the playoffs start, I'm going to make an edit on NOSE of NHLPA Hockey 93. Its going to include the top 12 teams from each conference and as well as this year's all star teams from Atlanta. Only 24 teams are included and I don't know how to edit the Ron Barr quotes, team banners, and the goalie crease. I will include the playoff matchups from this season for the playoff mode. I hope to finish this project towards the end of the Stanley Cup Finals with school and work. These are my first 2 projects of NHLPA Hockey edits of this season 2008, and 1983.

NHLPA_Hockey_1983.zip

NHLPA_Hockey_2008.zip

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to put in extra time to finish this update. I didnt update the ratings however, I just wanted to finish the playoff matchups so here it is. In the future I might do a WHA hack of NHLPA Hockey 93 or NHL 94, I'm sure yet. Also I'm thinking of other NHL seasons to make a hack of or maybe an AHL or IIHF NHLPA Hockey 93.

NHLPA_Hockey_2008_Playoffs_Edition.zip

It's nice that you provided a rom with 2008 playoff rosters; unfortunately, you didn't do much real work at all. It appears all you did was re-name the players that were in the NHLPA '93 game and make sure they shoot with the proper hands.

In observing the original rom and your 2008 playoffs rom, I've come across the fact that players' weights are totally wrong, because you kept the weights that belonged to the original players in the original rom.

Furthermore, look at these overall ratings (the player listed on the top is in the original rom, the player below is from your rom).

Tom Barrasso: 67 overall

Marc-Andre Fleury: 67 overall

Mario Lemieux: 91 overall

Sidney Crosby: 91 overall

Jeremy Roenick: 95 overall

Robert Lang: 95 overall

Ed Belfour: 95 overall

Nikolai Khabibulin: 95 overall

While I appreciate the fact that you provided a rom with updated playoff rosters for NHLPA '93 with 2008 rosters; I find it very highly unethical that you didn't have the decency to alter the original weights and ratings. This is equivalent to you claiming that you invented a new dance move called "ASTRO WALK", and then demonstrating it as the Moonwalk.

I have also noticed that Ovechkins shot accuracy is very low as well.

It didn't make sense until i read true pens post.

I have to agree with him, not much effort put into this rom, i am deleting it from my PC.

:P

Sorry guys, with school and work I have been busy. I thought the game would take forever if I updated the weights and ratings using Slaphot's template. I'm actually editng my 1983 rom with Slapshot's template so I'll send that when the project is complete. In the summer I'm going to make a complete edit of a particular NHL or WHA season. I'm new to NHL genesis editing so I apologize for the edit's weaknesses.

• 15 years later...
On 4/4/2008 at 10:33 PM, puckhead8926 said:

Once the playoffs start, I'm going to make an edit on NOSE of NHLPA Hockey 93. Its going to include the top 12 teams from each conference and as well as this year's all star teams from Atlanta. Only 24 teams are included and I don't know how to edit the Ron Barr quotes, team banners, and the goalie crease. I will include the playoff matchups from this season for the playoff mode. I hope to finish this project towards the end of the Stanley Cup Finals with school and work. These are my first 2 projects of NHLPA Hockey edits of this season 2008, and 1983.

NHLPA_Hockey_1983.zip 311.34 kB · 93 downloads

NHLPA_Hockey_2008.zip 311.94 kB · 133 downloads

With the rom season entering its hibernation period, there time to dig up these more obcure title and enjoy them.