NHL'94 Forums

Delay of game penalty?

I was wondering if it's possible to add a Delay of Game penalty for putting the puck out of play. I changed the trigger for puck out of play to call a penalty for delay of game, but all that happens is that the referee calls penalty, then at the end of the game the player who shot the puck into the stands takes the penalty, but the game freezes.

So is it possible? Normally if there's a delayed penalty and the puck leaves play the penalty is called, but I guess we'd need the source code to be able to implement penalties for delay of game.

All I did was change both of the "Face-off" rules in NOSE to "Delay" (Delay of Game doesn't fit) and made one a penalty. Then I put the puck out of play to see which I got - I got lucky and pulled the penalty one. See, one "Face-off" is for the goalie freezing the puck, and the other is for the puck going out of play.

I actually once changed it so all stoppages aside from Period/Game over resulted in five minute major penalties. Man, that was fun. I once sent everyone on the New Jersey Devils into the box, and NJ still had three players and a goalie even after I sent the starting goalie to the box. However, with all other stoppages, it just calls the penalty. When you change the "puck out of play" one, the game doesn't recognize the stoppage anymore or thinks the puck is still in play. So you'll see the ref raise his arm for a penalty, but the penalty never gets called because play is still going on. The result is actually two penalties, one "???" player goes to the box, and then the player that put the puck out of play goes to the box, but this is only when the period ends. The game also doesn't go to the intermission screen after the penalties, it just hangs after both players are in the box, with the referee calling a tripping penalty.

• 2 weeks later...

If the inverting-core acceptor deflects the complex chronotron-feedback analysis, try to provoke a coil-composition reflex and several quantum biosphere resonances, this will create a restricted isovolumic cochrane graviton-prediction, which ought to in fact dampen the polarizing maintenance-filament formulas. Then attempt a minimum abstract component-delay correction phase.

But you still have to find out how to keep the infraction from being administered when the puck is shot over the glass; from center ice for example.

If the inverting-core acceptor deflects the complex chronotron-feedback analysis, try to provoke a coil-composition reflex and several quantum biosphere resonances, this will create a restricted isovolumic cochrane graviton-prediction, which ought to in fact dampen the polarizing maintenance-filament formulas. Then attempt a minimum abstract component-delay correction phase.

But you still have to find out how to keep the infraction from being administered when the puck is shot over the glass; from center ice for example.

what in the f**k :P