NHL'94 Forums

nhl '94 world record

After watching The King of Kong, great movie by the way. I went to Twin Galaxies website and looked up NHL 94. Here is the webpage To my surprise the record was only 16!!! Still saved in the memory of my beloved sega CD is my 20 min periods record of 62 goals. Think I have a world record to go break you guys :)

quick note:

sega nhl94 record set at 16

super nintendo nhl94 record set at 31

lol.. 16 goals @ 30 minutes. That's very very crappy (especially for being considered some kind of record) :) Even though I don't play Genesis I think it's safe to stick by this statement (considering plenty of results by other players around here).

And if 31 goals is the record for SNES, @ 3x10 minutes, I'd say that's really bad too. My personal best 3x5 is at 21-0 and I think Halifax said he had gotten 26 or 30, don't remember. I once tried to see what the max "theoretical" score was with 5 minute periods (using save states) and I got bored somewhere along 80-90 goals, and never got around to finish the game (scoring every 7-10 seconds).

lol.. 16 goals @ 30 minutes. That's very very crappy (especially for being considered some kind of record) :) Even though I don't play Genesis I think it's safe to stick by this statement (considering plenty of results by other players around here).

And if 31 goals is the record for SNES, @ 3x10 minutes, I'd say that's really bad too. My personal best 3x5 is at 21-0 and I think Halifax said he had gotten 26 or 30, don't remember. I once tried to see what the max "theoretical" score was with 5 minute periods (using save states) and I got bored somewhere along 80-90 goals, and never got around to finish the game (scoring every 7-10 seconds).

haha i was bored one time too and wanted to see if i could make it to 100 goals in a 20 min period game. the first time i tried it i got to 69 goals, then 2nd time i got 88 and the third time i got 112! 45 of those were from teemu selanne himself haha.

i also learned that the scoreboard gets reset back to zero once you make it to 100 goals, but in the game stats after the game it will say however many you scored (112).

haha i was bored one time too and wanted to see if i could make it to 100 goals in a 20 min period game. the first time i tried it i got to 69 goals, then 2nd time i got 88 and the third time i got 112! 45 of those were from teemu selanne himself haha.

i also learned that the scoreboard gets reset back to zero once you make it to 100 goals, but in the game stats after the game it will say however many you scored (112).

Ah thanks. I knew there was only place for 100 scores but wasn't sure if they only erased the oldest one or what would happen (found out while examining save state files).

:)

I once scored a hat trick with every player on the team in a 60 minute game.

I wasn't allowed to score 4 goals with a player.

nor 2....unless it was proceeded by 3.

5 was basically right out.

I've scored over one hundred several times.