NHL'94 Forums

congradulations gary bettman!

hokkeefan

on ruining the nhl..i am so completely disgusted at the referees wussie calls!!!game 7 in ot and the refs call poti for tripping when the puck was in the philly guys skates ....there has to be a little tiny itty bitty leniency in game 7 ot what a f**king joke !!! gary bettman has to go!!!!nhl nowadays is a pussy league.i feel sooo sorry for washington man ...what a way to go out after such a long great series...shame shame shame on the new nhl!!!

It never should've went to overtime....philly's second goal should've not counted. The ref messed up that one.

But indeed a tripping call like this should not be called game 7 of OT... in Ot only Severe penalties like boarding high sticking and Deliberate and goalsaving hooking/Tripping should be called fighting and roughging but God don't call a complete Serie on that... OT Hockey is exciting no matter what even with Hooking and all that s**t no1 gives a f**k they want a guy that can deke Hooking and slashing and all that stuff in Ot not a PP Goal...

yeah the dman being slammed into Huet was bullshit, goal shoulda been waved off (the puck was on his stick though as he was getting hit so coulda went either way)

Pretty shitty way to lose a series, but the Caps did make a few other normally called hooks in OT. I hate when the player puts his hands up after a hook it makes them look so guilty and they are almost always called.

Amazing series, too bad we wont be seeing ovechkin vs crosby malkin.

Having Pitt facing New York is big for the NHL though.

Ovechin v Crosby? Nah man Ovechkin vs Malkin. Malkin is the REAL deal man. Better than Sid the kid.

Ya game 7 OT penalties are bs. Used to have to murder people to get pims in ot.

If only Alex Semin was about half a foot closer to the net when the puck came right to him with an empty net.. but still that was an absolutely TERRIBLE call. Game 7! ot! How stupid can the refs be?!

And yeah, what Icestorm said, Malkin is better than Crosby.

Ovechin v Crosby? Nah man Ovechkin vs Malkin. Malkin is the REAL deal man. Better than Sid the kid.
And yeah, what Icestorm said, Malkin is better than Crosby.

really? is this based on sid's higher points per game ratio? or sid's scoring title and hart trophy?:(

Well between the Montréal riots and Pittsburgh, Washington still won't diminish as a hockey market - Ovechkin may well still put the city on the map.

I didn't see the game - I had to work - but the East semifinals are indeed for the purists, are they not? Even with no Ovechkin.

I think Ovechkin-Crosby's gotta happen someday, and while it's not this year, the Eastern Conference got that much more important with their superstars - and think of the Southeast Conference - everyone's gotta be rooting for the Caps now!

Flames 2009

Perhaps Poti should have learned from the first time he blatantly slashed and tripped Kapanen earlier in OT that he'd used up all of his credit with the refs when they failed to call that one (it stopped a 2-on-1 break and was even more blatant than the trip on Umberger.)

Or maybe he learned that he could get away with whatever he wanted in OT. I don't know.

(So says the Flyers fan.)

Guest Wags13

All of you who replied thinking that the OT penalties are BS are the reason hockey slid in its popularity in the first place and why the game degraded in the 90's.. what is the difference between a blatant trip in the first period and in OT? Nothing. Poti actually tripped the Philly guy on his SECOND swipe at his skates on the play- how dumb does Poti feel right now? He deserved the trip that he didn't get called on earlier, and he definitely deserved the trip on the second one he was called on.

Regarding the non call on Philly's second goal- the Washington defender rode the Philly guy into the goalie so I believe that was a great non-call.. it's one thing to blatantly run the goalie and Philly is usually good at that on their own- it's another thing to not be given the opportunity to stop at all when close the goalie.

Kinda sad though that Washington isn't playing Pittsburgh in round 2- the Pens would have home games the whole series! I've been to a ton of Pens-Caps game in D.C. as I have some family there- and its always dominated by Pens(the better hockey) fans.

LETS GO PENS

the 2nd goal was cleary interference, everyone said so, the NHL wants more goal and the flyers we're crashing Huey all the series, hes a small goalie, they won't be able to push Price like that!

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=20072008,3,137

the Washington defender rode the Philly guy into the goalie

huh

its Thoresen that pushed morrisonn on Huet, that's like a bowling play, that's interference: NO GOAL

but i agree, the ref made a good call on Tom Poti, but that 2nd Flyers goal is a disgrace for a 7Th game of a series.

Philadelphia has 11 canadians that played in the world juniors...at least two of em were captains(richards, hartnell)....that's leadership and skill.

philadelphia canadians vs montreal canadiens...should be a gooder.

side note: im watching under-18 gold medal game...can vs russia...it's 5-0 for canada in the first.

SCORES!!!!! x 5

NHL Rule 78 is silent about the instance of an opposing player checking a defender into his own goalkeeper. Now, the check wouldn't be a penalty by itself, so is there another provision in the rulebook covering this instance that I didn't find in the rulebook?