NHL'94 Forums

Tampa looking at playoffs?

angryjay93

Believe it or not, the Tampa Bay Lightning have found a way to make a playoff push this season in the ultra competitive Gens A classic league despite getting thwarted twice by Chicago tonight. At 13-11 the upstart expansion club is just trying to find anyway to squeak into the playoffs behind the play of Brian Bradley who is essentially carrying the team on his back game after game. "If i could, id fire all my teammates and just pick 5 fans every game to play along side me because I'm getting less help than Brittney Spears in rehab," said captain Brian Bradley. While Bradley has been in on 110% of the teams goals this season, coach Juice Maker is supporting the rest of the team behind Bradley.

"When you go down the roster of this team, we are getting plenty of contributions, Marc Bergevin has found a way to pound home 2 goals, Mikael Andersson leads the leagues in hits against, Steve Kapser is leading the league in missed nets, Roman Hamrlik is leading the league in giveaways and Wendell Young's save percentage is upwards of 50%, which is atleast 20 points higher than i expected," voiced a supportive coach.

But lost in all this is the dissapearnce of Chris Kontos who was expected to help shoulder the load.

"I dont even know why i show up, this is garbage, im the 2nd best guy on the team by far and im best friends with the bench, i may become the first guy in league history to take of his skate and try to stab the coach if this keeps up," said the disgruntled winger.

Despite all the turmoil, Tampa feels that a .500 record will get the club into the A playoffs, so going 2-4 over the last 6 games is the worst possible record the team can hope for and feel good about their chances. Is there a miracle still left in this team? Chances are, no, there isnt, so B playoffs it is.

congradualations bettman!! oh yeah did that earlier!!!f**k you tampa bay ...thanks to my bad play with my disgusting nyr u will get in !!! i recall a few cross front shots i had LABELLED far side and my MIGHTY rangers love to shoot wide ...i have never seen a team play so bad and miss so many easy goals!!...even though aj kicks my ass ...the rangers completely f**kin dropped 1 of those games and they make me SICK!!!you wont win it i flippin hope with tb......I still love you angryjay :)you fat mother fucker lol...just kidding i dont want to ruin your self esteem hahaha