NHL'94 Forums

so will there be any more games released or...

hokkeefan

I believe the tally in the thread was something like

7 - in favour of releasing more games pronto

1 - in favour of sticking with the current time-release schedule

16 - haven't commented (probably content with how it is)

i still say the action will heat up fine.

maybe 2 divisions worth of games should be released at the start, though, instead of just one.. so that'd be 24 games against 12 people instead of 12 games agaist 6 people. people are excited to play..

maybe 2 divisions worth of games should be released at the start, though, instead of just one.. so that'd be 24 games against 12 people instead of 12 games agaist 6 people. people are excited to play..[/quo

:P

maybe 2 divisions worth of games should be released at the start, though, instead of just one.. so that'd be 24 games against 12 people instead of 12 games agaist 6 people. people are excited to play..

I think part of the slow start is also due to the time of year. Time to start entering the outdoors every other day or so.

Oh s**t, Av's cut it back to 1, 4-3. Theodore sucks!

hey guys, i just want to say i appreciate the input from those who have said something and this is something i have been mulling over the last few days.

My decision is that im not going to release any more games and there is a few reasons for this.

1. Part of the greatness of the league has always been that the statistical and playoff races have been close because people are playing roughly the same number of games. If i released all the games a 2-3 people would finish upwards of 50 games in a week or two and that would really kind of kill the races because theyed be going on weeks apart as opposed to days.

2. The last 3 seasons we have done the scheduling this way and those seasons seemed to do just fine. In all fairness we have only had this season going on for 9 days, to be calling out people as soon as 3-4 days ago is really quick to the trigger. Just be patient, games will get played.

3. Also if i let all the games be released, people would get even more impatient with the people who are being percieved as falling behind. For example if we have a handful of guys after two weeks playing upwards of 50 games, and we have a handful of people who have played 10-15 games, people will get all over me to replace those people even though they are playing at a reasonable pace. So in the short term ill shut those people up who want to play a million games, but in a week, itll be something new to deal with.

4. In essence, all the games are released anyways, you just cant log them until a certain date. So in the case of BHF, you can play games whenever your on with whoever, im not stopping you from playing them, just save the game, rename it use the files on a later date to upload. Just let the guy you want to play know and just communicate with each other.

5. Lastly,i wont release all the games to be logged to a few select people because then they have an advantage in terms of getting all their games done, thats an unfair advantage to those guys who dont get that privilage. Im not gonna open the door to that problem when it gets to the end of the season and one guy has a couple DNP's because i didnt release all his games while a guy who had all 56 games from day 1 had one or two more points than him, thats pretty messed up to the dude who had to follow the rules.

So, tough titty

Like i said in my post, im not stopping you from playing any of your games against anyone, you wanna do all 56 in two weeks, go for it, you just have to log them over the time period that the games are relased.

Also i wasnt trying to target anyone, i was just stating that if i release all games, and a handful of people happen to have 50 done in 2 weeks, then they will only have even more reason to question the commitment of other players who have played 10-15 games even though they are right on pace to finish the season on time. So all i said was fixing the problem in the manner that was suggested will only create new different problems in the future.

wow so much bickering i know i shouldn't get involved but.....

ITS JUST A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHILL THE FUK OUT.

Im sick of reading all these arguments. AJ is the commish, what he says goes. Leave it at that.

LET PLAY NHL94, and grow up.....! :P

its no biggie man, i never had any intention of removing you from the league, id never think of removing a guy for wanting to play too many games. if you keep seeing things you dont like, post about them and then we can look at our options available to us.

its no biggie man, i never had any intention of removing you from the league, id never think of removing a guy for wanting to play too many games. if you keep seeing things you dont like, post about them and then we can look at our options available to us.

lol unless your sh!tfaced to the max

:P

By far my favorite hokkee maneuver is to lambaste several high ranking members in a alcohol fueled, adult onset, shaken baby syndrome rant, then

cleverly remove the glowing remarks - like emptying a can of Lysol Mountain Mist in the bathroom after dropping a bomb - replacing them with a happy face.

:)

So the final decision has been made. Bummer...

There's really know way I can keep up. I just checked in this morning/afternoon, and again, no one to play.

So, rather then get kicked out mid-season, I'm stepping down. I really didn't want to bail, but I just dont see me being able to get these games done. I could try to muddle along, but I'd rather just hand my team over early so someone can enjoy a near full season.

Good luck to everyone and my apologies for not finishing it out.

I say it's time for a league wide vote.

I'd hate to lose BHF too. And I think WE all owe it to him to ask the entire league for their opinion. He's been upfront and forthright since the get go.

Please pose this to a league wide vote.

Thanks.

4. In essence, all the games are released anyways, you just cant log them until a certain date. So in the case of BHF, you can play games whenever your on with whoever, im not stopping you from playing them, just save the game, rename it use the files on a later date to upload. Just let the guy you want to play know and just communicate with each other.

i dont want to see bhf go either and i want to do anything possible to keep him around. But this point in my original post addresses his problem and provides a solution. If hes not even finding anyone when he comes online to play. then officially releasing all his games would be pointless anyways. As of right now BHF still has his team, i want to personally chat with him and see what can be done, if anything, to keep him in the league.

i still say bah to all that downer s**t about keeping everyone in SUSPENSE with games ...it should be up to the coaches to play whenever they have the chance to...plain and simple, but who gives a s**t about how everything plays out it will all come down to the end of the season no matter what way u do it ....but if u want to keep vets happy release games ....thats my final answer and if i ever get a chance to run a league it will favor all coaches who love to have a chance to play anytime they want to play...oh and cant wait till the end of the season when there are dnfs again ,which is a after effect of releasing games at a pace that hardly anyone REALLY likes....but at least aj is keeping it going..........................and im going to drop out as well cause NO ONE ever listens to anybody else ...its like a dictatorship or canadian government haha....sorry boys but this time its for real and if this doesnt prove a point that u guys lose 2 vets now then not sure what will make our point important!!!

oh and im sober but i think this is what we have to do to make our point clear ...im out till things change in the coaches favor !cause we are the ones who keep these leagues successful , if u keep losing vets well then your obviously out of favor with your system

hokkeefan there's no point for you to quit just to make a case.

I think the best solution would be to release all Backhandfloater games or then get a new coach.

Only advantage for him that I'm thinking of would be that he would get the chance to play more games than other coaches, which

could eventually cost a playoff spot for some, but I'm willing to live with it. There's always someone in these big leagues that have some problems that they cannot

do much about, but there's always solutions too.

hi guys, unfortunately i have been working 12 hour shifts. I actually havent been able to play any games the only guy that is ever on when im on is swos. i didnt want to get involved in this argument because many know i'm not A.J'S biggest fan. However what i have to say here has nothing to do with my personal feelings...

I agree with Backhand and i to will step down unless the games are released because i cannot play anyone who isnt online and i cant catch up. The idea of playing games and loging them isnt a solution. Because i enjoy seeing the scores up and looking at the results. this is why we play. The games all need to be released so we can play at our lesiure. I have 2 jobs and a family if i want to play habs at 2 am when i come home and log the game i should be able to do so. or if i have 3 hours in an evening an a bunch of guys are on i should be able to play and log as many as i want. Look stats are fun and making the relveant is fun too. BUT having fun playiong and logging when you want is a little more important then relevant stats.

Hokke is a great guy he sometimes (like many of us) Expresses his passion in a improper way. does not take away the fact he is a dedicated player and a good guy. That being said i dont think its fair to jump on him for expressing his opinion. so unless there are changes you can add me to the list of those who will quit because i rather quit then get kicked out.

Backhand

hokkee

sungod and i get the feeling the list will grow

im quite positive no one else will drop from league and the only solution for you and bhf is too just not play for 2 weeks at a time so your games build up so your chances of finding guys to play is much better.which is kinda lame but ....anyways im just a drunk who likes to post angrily and i am just too anxious to play all my games when i want which i should be able to in a perfect world but anyways i gotta stay off this board and quit posting s**t !!and NO im not quitting any leagues but i gotta QUIT posting ...damn :)

how long is the season? 2 months? how about releasing a month of games which is about 26 or so games. that would be good so everyone can space out their playing time.. i think that would keep people happy since they have a bunch of games to play and not get so cranky. damn geezers

ps. i am calling hokkee on his bluff that he will quit the league lol. ridiculous.

and im pretty sure AJ can run his own league and he is taking all of your suggestions into considerations, he wants to be fair to everyone , because it seems like some special treatment here but it is ultimately up to him. and he is fully capable.

werddd to yoo mothaaa