NHL'94 Forums

Universe Almost Confirms that It Hates Tickenest

Tickenest

The scene: Montreal is finally about to win a game, this one against Detroit. Montreal's up 6-5 late in the 3rd period, and Detroit takes a penalty.

The event: Time's almost up and Detroit has a player with a breakaway, but there are only about 5 seconds left, not enough time for the player to get to the goal. I decide to let go of the keyboard to minimize the chance of a penalty. Instead, my CPU defender (who's just behind the Detroit player) delivers a check with :03 left, just after the Detroit player has earned a breakaway.

The aftermath: Time ran out, and jrodimus thought that the game was over. I could have just disconnected there, claimed the victory, and that would have been that. Instead, I let the game run, and sure enough, the game awards the penalty shot. Of course, j scores it and ties the game at 6. After that, the game ended completely (no OT), so we restarted, and Detroit nearly scores 11 seconds in, but Montreal is bailed out by an interference penalty just before a certain goal. On the ensuing power play, Montreal gets a cheap "defenseman charges his own net and winds up sticking the puck in" goal to win it.

Man, I was THIS close to proof that the universe has decided that it's just not happening for Tick or Tock.