NHL'94 Forums

Site Enhancement Suggestion

added all of this

is that pts % right? some of them are over 200%

awesome, thanks

i think you are adding in career OTL, instead of OTL in the current season. MTL has 17 OTLs listed.

also, i made a mistake, as it should by divided by (2*GP). also, can you make that one into a decimal number like save percent? so a good team might have a 0.700 points "percentage", like in baseball.

if i may ask one more thing.. is it possible to move the legend that is under the table outside of the scrollable area? it lowers the horizontal scroll bar out of my screen, requiring lots of vertical scrolling (i really need a new monitor! 1024x768 is so old!). An alternative is to add an <abbr> tag on each header abbreviation, like so http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_abbr.asp

i'll add the rest of the <abbr> tags later. i think that other stuff is fixed.

nice

however, the PTS and PTS% are still messed up. They're still using career OTL under-the-hood. MTL is showing 47 points in 22 games still (15 wins, 17 OTL), causing their pts% to be 47/(2*22)=1.068

Dmitry, could you add an All-Time Records page? Using the data that fills the Random Record section on the homepage? I find myself refreshing the homepage just to get the next neat little record.

Dmitry, could you add an All-Time Records page? Using the data that fills the Random Record section on the homepage? I find myself refreshing the homepage just to get the next neat little record.

yes i have plans to add this.

• 2 weeks later...

Bug:

in userstats, when you go to playoffs,the points are messed up. it looks like it is including regular season OTL

also look wrong:

SOGA

SV%

PIMA

anything "against" really

FL

Dmitry, is there any way to have overall goalie stats require a min games played? Maybe add a Games Started column? It skews the rankings when someone plays their backup for 1 shot, makes the save and never see's the ice again.

Dmitry, is there any way to have overall goalie stats require a min games played? Maybe add a Games Started column? It skews the rankings when someone plays their backup for 1 shot, makes the save and never see's the ice again.

what do you think is a fair filter? a certain number of saves per team games played?

If you just do minimum games played, the guy could just play for a couple minutes every once in a while and still qualify. If that's ok then what do you think the minimum number should be? I'll be happy to add that once I know exactly what to add.

Hmmm...how about a set number of SOG? like say...100 or so, that way on average, a goalie has to start 8 games before being allowed into the leader board.

i'd say even 50 would be ok.

Look at the top goalie sv% http://65.36.133.56/nhl94_draft/playerstat...&leagueid=1

The annoying guys all have less than 20 shots. Healy has 35, and can almost be considered a 'dependable backup' who sees some real action once in a while. Fiset has around 90 shots faced, and I think he deserves to be on the list. Irbe has almost 50.

A set number of SOG would be easy enough to do, but wouldn't an average per team game or something be better? With a set number like 100 there won't be any leaders at all when the season is young.

Maybe something like 1 save per team game played?

Bug:

in userstats, when you go to playoffs,the points are messed up. it looks like it is including regular season OTL

also look wrong:

SOGA

SV%

PIMA

anything "against" really

FL

think i fixed this but didn't check thoroughly.

I made it 1 save per total games that the team has played. That can be tweaked easily.

Thanks Dmitry

Is it possible to add team shutouts to the team stats page? May be more difficult at a goalie level, unless you throw in min 7:30 played in a game.