NHL'94 Forums

First GDL 4 deadline

We've had a few weeks now to get things going in the season and i think its time to set our first deadline.

The deadline is set for Friday May 9th at 11:59 pm, if 20 games are not played by this date, you will be subject to replacement. By this point, about 35 games will have been released, so 20 is not an unreasonable number, so do your best to get those games in.

Ive thought about this for awhile and I think its time you replace me. I would love to stay, but just dont make much time anymore to play games.

I think it would be best for the league if someone with more passion, would take over for me.

ROFL. wow. pretty sure the 1st (or 35th, or never, can't remember) dude i think about that has as much passion as gr8 is magus.

See you around man. Take care.

ROFL. wow. pretty sure the 1st (or 35th, or never, can't remember) dude i think about that has as much passion as gr8 is magus.

...and I'm supposed to take that as? :P

In all seriousness, I'm just back in the league as a favor to AJ. I've already doubled my win output from last season, so the rest of the season is of little to no consequence to me.

The expectations are rock bottom, so like I said when I was announced as Caps coach, getting the games in is not an issue.

...and I'm supposed to take that as? :P

In all seriousness, I'm just back in the league as a favor to AJ. I've already doubled my win output from last season, so the rest of the season is of little to no consequence to me.

The expectations are rock bottom, so like I said when I was announced as Caps coach, getting the games in is not an issue.

It is great that you got your games in so quickly.......

but if the rest of the season is of little to no consequence to you, then I look forward to running up the score on you.

If you take offense to that, then you should change your attitude from "I don't care about how well I play" to "I am going to make an effort to keep getting more wins and getting better at this game"

Run it up then, I don't ask for mercy. It's your job to win by any means necessary. So what that I'm not as good as everyone in this league. Do you think I would have even come back if I wasn't going to commit to trying to win every single game? Obviously people love to misread my posts and spin them the wrong way.

What I meant was that I'm happy that I've won more than one game this season. Obviously I didn't try to take a shot at anyone, but we all love jumping to conclusions around here, right?

Think what you want, it really doesn't matter to me. If you wanna think that I'm gonna half-ass things the rest of the season, then I'm going to let my results and my play do the talking for me. I'm not this quitter and scumbag that you people constantly try to make me out to be. It must be a crime on this forum not to try and totally change the way I take wins and losses.

so the rest of the season is of little to no consequence to me.

I don't think I'm twisting your words here. I read this directly as "I do not care if I win."

Though I appreciate you playing games.... and I don't have a problem if you continually lose if you are actually trying to improve yourself... but I do have a problem if you are content with losing, because it is watering down the playing field of the league to have one or two guys rack up 40+ loses. This means the majority of the league will be over .500. Shouldn't anyone who wins over half of their games be labeled a "winner"? Well that doesn't have as much meaning if 18 out of 24 teams are better than .500.

In all seriousness, I'm just back in the league as a favor to AJ.

Actually, SsIG that statement brings up a good point. Do we currently have a waiting list for GDL? Didn't see one in general discussion.

I can tell ya that there are plenty of new guys with serious skills who would chomp at the bit to get into our league.

On the flip side, drama seems to follow certain people and tends to drag s**t down. I'm all for new eager blood.

looks like everyone but 2 people got to the 20 game mark, sungod actually has 18 games played because i have 3 of his save files and hes close enough to the 20 mark to be allowed to keep his team. As for pill, he is also getting a pass due to controller difficulties, as long as he gets his controller soon and starts getting games in, he will also be able to stay in the league.

As for everyone else, very nice job to get the games in.

• 2 weeks later...