NHL'94 Forums

Fabian Brunstrom?

halifax

I hear all this talk about fabian brunstroom as one of the best players not playing in the NHL.

I looked at his stats...54 games...9 goals and 28 assists.

37 points in 54 games?....if he was 18 or 19...then maybe id consider this an achievement..but the guy is 23 playing in the swedish elite league. no disrepect to the swedish elite league but those are hardly stellar numbers.

this just seems like a big hype about nothing.

4th line energy player here we come!

Ya, if anyone says he's one of the best players not in the NHL, they're out to lunch. I think the hype is due to the fact that he is a late bloomer and thus undrafted and can be signed without giving anything up or using a draft pick.

He himself said that he's probably not ready for the NHL. I've heard he has decent size, speed and skill, but is a work in progress.

In NHL 94 terms, he's sort of like a Luciano Borsato or Evgeny Davydov.. or not even!

Someone on the ESPN site wrote "if he were really that good, Detroit would have drafted him" :( a la zetterberg (rd 7), datsyuk (rd 6), holmstrom (rd 10)...

Never heard of him. Maybe he's related to Fabio? Perhaps that's why he's garnered so much attention.

"I can't believe its not high stick...Major"

Nah dudes, the reason he's so hyped is cause his dad, Doyle, is a famous professional Texas Hold 'em Poker player.

Other than that, he's just a decent PK guy.

Someone on the ESPN site wrote "if he were really that good, Detroit would have drafted him" :D a la zetterberg (rd 7), datsyuk (rd 6), holmstrom (rd 10)...

Funneh :P

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fabian Brunnström plays in Gothenburg near where I live with the Frölunda HC I think! Never liked that team and yes he sucks. So it must be the most ironic hype I ever seen.

Edited by MrSandman