NHL'94 Forums

1st ever trade day in lg?

hokkeefan

ok sungod and I were talking about it and we think that to make it fair, everybody has to have played at least 25 games. I didn't talk to him about this, but possibly we could make an exception for the guys who just took over a team... But either way this all depends on smoz and whether or not his database would be able to do this without it being the biggest pain in the ass since ever.

ok sungod and I were talking about it and we think that to make it fair, everybody has to have played at least 25 games. I didn't talk to him about this, but possibly we could make an exception for the guys who just took over a team... But either way this all depends on smoz and whether or not his database would be able to do this without it being the biggest pain in the ass since ever.

I think in the FVHL someone did a test and found that they could trade players "kinda"

Good:

The Player Stats page will still be right

The player stats on the Team page will still be right

Bad:

When you look at a boxscore for a game from before a player was traded, I think the boxscore will show the new player instead of the old one. I'm not 100% sure on this, I can't remember how I programmed that part.

When trading a player, make sure you only replace the old player with the new player. DON'T change the order of the players in the ROM.

Someone will need to go into the database and change the team for the traded players. When changing the db, disable the upload.aspx page by renaming it to something else -- this prevents games being uploaded while you're changing the db. Change the file name back after the db has been updated.