NHL'94 Forums

New to the Forums

OldSchool

Im an avid video game lover, and my favorite sports game by far is NHL 94' followed by Tecmo Super Bowl. I had no idea there was a site dedicated to NHL 94 and I had no idea people loved this game as much as I do. I've been looking around the forums/site for a little bit and it seems the majority are into the Genesis version, yet i've been playing the SNES version for well over 10 years. I think i'd be very interested in joining an online league, I feel I am very good at this game.

Quick question for some of the better players. I've played with a lot of different people (brothers, friends, etc) and they usually end up never wanting to play because they feel that Deking is cheap, aswell are Wrap-around goals. So mostly I end up having to play the CPU whenever I need my NHL fix. I can usually average around 30 goals vs the CPU, even vs the All-Star teams and feel thats a pretty decent rate of scoring. I was wondering is this around what you guys score when you play vs the computer? Or are you guys basically masters and score every single time you touch the puck? I just want to know how i'd rank amongst you guys.

Welcome to the site. If you want to play in a league...there's a current league going on and you can sign up for the waiting list here..

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=6128

you need to be confirmed by a vet....what that means is you must be able to host a game with a good connection.

We use AOL instant messenger to contact other members.

you can find some vet AIM screenames here...

http://www.planetrogers.com/ClassicSpring08Standings.htm

Deking, wrap arounds....anything goes in these leagues because with manual goalie anything can be stopped...therefore no goal is a cheap goal.

We play the computer on occasion. In the community, the computer is also known as 'IPv6freely'. The computer constantly makes some sweet plays compared to our garbage plays. It hurts us emotionally some times when the computer tells us that our goals were lame. We love playing the computer and the computer loves playing us. The computer quits leagues every now and then but returns ready to play a few days later refreshed with the passion that is nhl94. God bless the computer and God bless us all.

Convert to the Genesis side! All the cool kids are playing it.

It's quite the religious war on the forums, which system's game is better.

I prefer the Genesis, but both have their strengths and weaknesses.. they're surprisingly different games. Typically people will prefer whatever they grew up playing (much like in a religious war..)