NHL'94 Forums

NHL 06 (NHL 94 Retro Mode Rosters)

Maybe this belongs in the beginner forum, because I'm sure this has been asked many times.

Anyway, I bought NHL 06 used for PS2 because I read it included a feature where you could play the NHL 94 retro mode.

So I go to play, and NHL 94 is as great as I remember. But why are there FAKE ROSTERS???? That really takes away from the game.

Does anyone know if there is any way to get the real rosters for the PS2 retro version of NHL 94? Probably not, since you can't edit the old rosters. But thought I'd ask anyway.

thanks,

ccn103

Maybe this belongs in the beginner forum, because I'm sure this has been asked many times.

Anyway, I bought NHL 06 used for PS2 because I read it included a feature where you could play the NHL 94 retro mode.

So I go to play, and NHL 94 is as great as I remember. But why are there FAKE ROSTERS???? That really takes away from the game.

Does anyone know if there is any way to get the real rosters for the PS2 retro version of NHL 94? Probably not, since you can't edit the old rosters. But thought I'd ask anyway.

thanks,

ccn103

Due to licensing issues, they couldn't get the old rosters in the game. Most of the players are no longer in the NHLPA, so they can't use them. That's my understanding of it, anyway.

If you can mod a PS2, then I think you could potentially update the rosters for the game using the NOSE roster editing tool (PC program). Mod ps2, rip NHL06 disc to computer, edit NHL94 using NOSE, burn back to disc, play in PS2. Dunno if it'd work, though.