NHL'94 Forums

Washington's 20 Game Re-CAP

SSiG

Capitals Take Their Steps, Pederson a Force

How do you stop the Washington Capitals? Don't let Tom Pederson hit you.

From a career backup to now one of the most important pieces in the Capitals lineup this season, Tom Pederson has lowered the boom on opposing players all season since Tom Delgado came in and started showing faith in his abilities. "I can't really explain it" Pederson said in a recent interview. "Coach has shown faith in me by giving me a lot of ice time, so I'm trying to repay him by putting on a good show. I've been hitting people as hard as I can, and it appears to be working well" Pederson said. Most recently, Tom Pederson had the game-tying goal against the Sabres on home ice. "I don't consider myself a goalscorer, but whatever I can do to help the team, I'll do it. I'll even be the mascot if necessary *laughs*" Pederson added about his contributions to the team.

"Tom's been our enforcer this season, no doubt about it" Coach Delgado said briefly. "He's an important part of our team and I look forward to his continued contributions" Delgado added before walking off to sign a few autographs...or were those traffic tickets?

tom_1.jpg

Pederson's Bone-Jarring Hits Help Caps Survive