NHL'94 Forums

Options for a GENS Capitalism League

Sometime in the next few weeks, I would like to begin the first Genesis "Capitalism League."

For those of you who haven't seen the SNES version of this competition, there are a few key differences between this and most other leagues this site houses:

1) There are no checkpoints, only one deadline for each stage of the competition.

2) Nobody gets replaced unless they are aggregiously behind, and someone is waiting for their spot.

3) 30 teams, 30 coaches.

4) Win = 4 pts, OT Win = 3 pts, Tie = 2 pts, OT Loss = 2 pts, Loss = 1 pt (yes, there are points for playing).

5) 100% stats, even-teams ROM.

A lot of people find the drudgery of waiting for a tournament to complete incredibly irritating - the capitalism league prevents this in a big way.

I'd like to gauge interest in this sort of a tournament - the SNES version of this worked very well (nearly 1,250 games played since the league started 2.5 months ago).

Also, if you are interested but there is something that you don't like or you have any questions, please post in this thread.

I think giving them all "5" stats instead of 6 would probably actually be more fun.. 6 speed is just so fast for online (inherently laggy) play. Not to mention everyone having a shot better than Roenick..