NHL'94 Forums

Pittsburgh vs Detroit in the finals

halifax

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Detroit Red Wings

Ill probably lean towards the Canadian captain/1 US captain winning the cup. No european captain has ever won.

So pitt in 7.

Looks like an amazing matchup on paper though. Very retarded 5 day layoff, to let the NBA round 3 get in full swing and steal the spot light.

Detroit in 7. They are too much for the somewhat inexperienced Penguins roster. Should be an unbelievable Stanley Cup Finals either way though.

I'll stick to my method for predicting games: NHL 94 with 2008 ROM

Last time it predicted both winners correctly, got 4 out of 5 games right in the DET series, quite good, but a mordibd 1 for 7 in the PIT series. This time around it predicts...

GAME 1 PIT

GAME 2 DET

GAME 3 DET

GAME 4 PIT

GAME 5 DET

GAME 6 DET

DET in 6

So far it's 100% is predicting the winner correctly, so going by those odds and horrible logic, Detroit is guaranteed to win.

Now to put all my savings on them...

Guest Wags13
Detroit in 7. They are too much for the somewhat inexperienced Penguins roster. Should be an unbelievable Stanley Cup Finals either way though.

YES there it is.. the good luck charm dmac strikes again! 0-3 in picking the Pens series this playoff.

I also love how everyone says "too much experience" and then picks the Detroit in 7 games...if it goes 7 games doesn't that mean that Detroit had a harder than expected tussle with the Pens? You call it experience, I call it old legs (especially Chelios, christ he looks like someone's grandma out there).

GO PENS!

If the pens lose im gonna give you hell wags :lol:

If the Pens lose I will prove Wags that the "dmac Charm" never existed :lol:

Guest Wags13
If the pens lose im gonna give you hell wags :lol:

If the Pens lose give me as much as you want.. but at least we didn't blow our playoff run like the team you root for..

*choke!*

young team blows...remember pittsburgh last year?

i completely agree with hokkeefan, it doesn't even look like Pittsburgh has tried their hardest yet. I think they're going to win in 6... (maybe even 5)... Crosby for the Conn Smythe since he's going to play his best series of the playoffs for sure

It was competitive in the first period, but then it seems like Detroit just learned how to defend against them and dominated from then on. They just waited for mistakes and took advantage of them.

It looks like the Pens are going to be the Oilers of 1982-83, swept by the old guard. They'll probably win in the next couple years, though.

well having a fricken superbowl break i suspected 1 team would have a s**t start and when pitts loses its usually that way but osgood played awsome and i think the next game will be a different story