NHL'94 Forums

3rd Period Goal Leaks...

SSiG

In my past few GDL games, I have played passable 1st and 2nd periods, yet in the 3rd period...I change nothing about my defensive approach, and I'm giving up like 5 and 6 goals per 3rd period. It just baffles me to no end how I can be competitive in the 1st and 2nd periods of a game, and in the 3rd period, bring that same intensity, and give up AT LEAST 5 goals and lose the game by a wide margin.

Any advice to potentially stop the bleeding and get back on the right path towards a few more wins?

-kill the clock.

-have your guys carry the puck up instead of pass(cuz pucks start bouncin off of skates in the 3rd)

-no back passes in the attack zone.

-skate into corners/behind net to make your opponent take the puck from you.

-always keep a F back to help out on d

-that'll be five dollars :D

Fair enough. *gives jrodimus a bag of 500 pennies*

Hey, they were lying around...might as well spend'em. Some of'em might have a lot of dust on them :D

I've had my fair share of 3rd period let downs, especially with multiple goal leads. In my case, don't force passes in the 3rd, like jrod said.

Keep it simple stupid as the expression goes. AND don't be afraid to rag it around a little, be patient if things aren't there.