NHL'94 Forums

Ron Barr's Lead In : Players Being Hot

nate

I would say being hot or cold has a slight affect. You can take a look at a cold player's ratings and see some of the numbers have dropped. Opposite applies to a hot player.

I personally never pay attention to it. It's not like you would ever pull Jeremey Roenick out of the game because Ron Barr says he's cold. A cold Roenick will still dominate a hot Goulet.

I would say being hot or cold has a slight affect. You can take a look at a cold player's ratings and see some of the numbers have dropped. Opposite applies to a hot player.

I personally never pay attention to it. It's not like you would ever pull Jeremey Roenick out of the game because Ron Barr says he's cold. A cold Roenick will still dominate a hot Goulet.

Poor Goulet, how he has fallen from grace!!

I personally never pay attention to hot and cold. There have been times players have played worse with a hot rating and better with a cold rating. Every game presents something different.

i think that there is a difference in a way that a hot player will be likley to snipe a corner, also hold on to the puck with greater control. but i would not rely on it. example, if ron barr indicates in his pregame analysis that joe murphy is hot, come in the zone and rip a slapper right by the Philly goalie to win the game on the 5-gaol mercy rule. thats my take on the Ron Barr situation.