NHL'94 Forums

NHL94 LIVE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP !

hokkeefan

i dont know what the big deal is here.

Just because someone made a stupid macho comment behind his computer and safe from any real world embarrasment.

(and im not implying anyone specific,your all to blame)

But the reality is if you all were to meet, face to face, just to hang and play some 94

youd probably realize you have alot more in common then you think and would get along just fine.

there would be ALOT less anger and meaningless insults when no one has the shelter of their computer to hind behind.

and chances are no ones meeting for this good idea of a tournament anyways.

so chill out.

I knew i shouldn't have got involved...lol

I guess what I was trying to say was i don't like the idea that anyone should be shunned from a league, because one or "some" person or ppl believe them not be a "good" enough player. I know that when i play sungod he pushed me to my limit and he has beaten me on many occasions. I just dont like the idea of rankings, most dudes are so close in skill and i think sunny is capable of beating anyone any day. If i am in someones top 15 i think sun should be there too. Im flattered that i made your top 15 AJ, and its cool to know that u think of me as a solid player.

It all boils down to your team, your style and your opponents style. THeres some coaches that i play that i rarely beat, and they get beat by coaches i beat easily.

I hope that this tourney happens and I also hope that its an invite to anyone and everyone who has that fire burning inside of them, like i do....to play this great game.

I agree that rankings is a hairy thing, thats why i didnt even bother to attempt to make a true ranking because it would be something impossible to do. Aside from a couple of very rare instances and games that have been recorded, i have only seen other guys play me, so its really a subjective thing in terms of ranking people based on that. my top 16 wasnt a list of people who play me toughest, it was just a rough estimate of people who have had the most success over time. Even then, its still impossible to come up with a de facto top 16 because of numerous factors. Like i say before, if you think someone is a top 16 player, its hard to argue it if there is some sound reasoning.

all im going to say is if things stay the way they are in the gdl it will be a 1st round match of me vs angryjay...... guess where all eyes will be.

cue the anticipation

B)

You give yourself too much credit :P No one is interested in this 'drama'

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting thread.

I've been playing and organizing tablehockey tournaments for many years and it sounds like what you guys are trying to do is right along the lines of what we do.

If you all think that you can confirm at least 24 players who would be willing to travel to the Boston area, I would be willing to organize something like that.

www.ustha.com

Here's what i would propose doing for a 24 player tournament:

2 divisions of 12 of equal strength

Divisional round robin where you play each player twice. Once as home team, once as away (if you think this is the fairest way to do it)

If the home/away thing isn't that important than we could do a single round robin where you play everybody once.

Players who finish 17-24 will playoff for C-Division Cup. (best of 5 series)

1-16 will make up the A-pool and will playoff. (best of 7)

The 8 players who lose in the round of 16 will playoff for the B-Division cup.(best of 5 series)

The remaining 8 players will continue to playoff best of 7 for the Masters Cup.

So as you see, even the 24th place finisher will play at least 25 games.

Round robin should take between 4-5 hours.

Playoffs should take between 4-5 hours.

Doing the tournament on a Saturday could leave Friday night open for a 2 on 2 event. :(

Thoughts?

Kenny

Interesting thread.

I've been playing and organizing tablehockey tournaments for many years and it sounds like what you guys are trying to do is right along the lines of what we do.

If you all think that you can confirm at least 24 players who would be willing to travel to the Boston area, I would be willing to organize something like that.

www.ustha.com

Divisional round robin where you play each player twice. Once as home team, once as away (if you think this is the fairest way to do it)

If the home/away thing isn't that important than we could do a single round robin where you play everybody once.

The 8 players who lose in the round of 16 will playoff for the B-Division cup.(best of 5 series)

Doing the tournament on a Saturday could leave Friday night open for a 2 on 2 event. :(

Thoughts?

Kenny

love the format...of course you'd need several consoles to finish this in a day.

People in this community are spread all over north america. I can't see many actually willing to travel any great distance to play in one.

Guest Wags13
I'd be down for it if we picked say Toronto.

Off the top of my head I'd say there are probably 12-15 guys alone within 5-7 hours driving distance from the TRUE Capital of Canada.

Toronto does have some tremendous nudie bars

• 1 month later...
Interesting thread.

www.ustha.com

Doing the tournament on a Saturday could leave Friday night open for a 2 on 2 event. :rolleyes:

Thoughts?

Kenny

Boston area, definitely!!! I'm going to school in New Hampshire so I would be down as long as it doesn't interfere with hockey season.