NHL'94 Forums

Off Topic: Hacking other games

Has anyone here tried to hack other classic games? I've seen clips of hacks for Mario, Sonic, and Mario Kart on youtube. Some look pretty cool and were also done using Tile Molester.

Just curious if anyone has given this a shot.

Has anyone here tried to hack other classic games? I've seen clips of hacks for Mario, Sonic, and Mario Kart on youtube. Some look pretty cool and were also done using Tile Molester.

Yes, NFL 98 for Genesis is a game I have spent months editing.

-updated rosters

-updated helmets

-updated uniforms

I'll have to post some screen shots.

I have fooled around with Interplay Baseball 2000 for PS1 and NHL Hitz Pro for PS2.

Triple Play 96 for genesis too.

I've worked a little with Triple Play Gold as well Mack. I found World Series Baseball to be a better game though, I plan to do some work with that down the road.

I've worked a little with Triple Play Gold as well Mack. I found World Series Baseball to be a better game though, I plan to do some work with that down the road.

Cool keep us updated. Triple Play just amuses me. Guys scratching and spittin and fans hanging over the wall to make catches. Just awesome.

Dude!! NHL Hitz Pro! :blink:

What sort of stuff have you done to it? I've got a modded PS2, retail Hitz Pro and stuff.. I've tried getting into playing it again a couple of times, but I've really only played it a lot back when I first got it. :-/

Dude!! NHL Hitz Pro! :blink:

What sort of stuff have you done to it? I've got a modded PS2, retail Hitz Pro and stuff.. I've tried getting into playing it again a couple of times, but I've really only played it a lot back when I first got it. :-/

Changed names, numbers, height, weight, stats, visor and shirt tuck etc...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Cool keep us updated. Triple Play just amuses me. Guys scratching and spittin and fans hanging over the wall to make catches. Just awesome.

do you have a unedited version of triple play? every version i download already has some kind of hack done to it and it is so annoying. any help would be much appreciated. keep up the good work with the hacks!

NBA live 98 on genesis/megadrive badly needs a editor IMO

MLBPA Sports Talk Baseball or Triple Play for genesis would be an awesome game to edit, they were both amazing!!!

MLBPA and Sports Talk are 2 separate games though, right? MLBPA was really cool, I liked the batter's eye view following the ball after contact was made before it went to the overhead view. And Sports Talk was one of those games that, for whatever it lacked in graphics it more than made up for in gameplay. I feel like Bad News Baseball and RBI 3, both for the NES, had the best gameplay of any baseball games though. Hmm, I wonder if anyone has hacked Bad News Baseball?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried hacking NBA Hangtime for Genesis and its as hard as hell. I fell flat on my face trying to hex edit it. I guess i could try gfx hacking. I'll let you guys know how it goes. But you guys inspired me as it partains to doing baseball game and football hacks. I really wanna look into Madden games, specifically the old Maddens for Sega.

MLBPA and Sports Talk are 2 separate games though, right? MLBPA was really cool, I liked the batter's eye view following the ball after contact was made before it went to the overhead view. And Sports Talk was one of those games that, for whatever it lacked in graphics it more than made up for in gameplay. I feel like Bad News Baseball and RBI 3, both for the NES, had the best gameplay of any baseball games though. Hmm, I wonder if anyone has hacked Bad News Baseball?

I really like MLBPA Baseball for the Sega Genesis as well, and I recently made a post about modifying the organ ditties that are played whenever a player from the home team comes up to bat, as well as many other things. I like all the music in this game. Maybe we can find some other information about this game, so we can make some hacks. Maybe with more teams, more organ ditties, different theme music and/or options music, faster and/or more accurate gameplay, different graphics/colors, etc. And maybe, someone can come up with editors of all kinds (Windows, DOS, Linux, etc.) for this game.

I really like MLBPA Baseball for the Sega Genesis as well, and I recently made a post about modifying the organ ditties that are played whenever a player from the home team comes up to bat, as well as many other things. I like all the music in this game. Maybe we can find some other information about this game, so we can make some hacks. Maybe with more teams, more organ ditties, different theme music and/or options music, faster and/or more accurate gameplay, different graphics/colors, etc. And maybe, someone can come up with editors of all kinds (Windows, DOS, Linux, etc.) for this game.

Here is the guide for all current Sega NHL94 hacks: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=8090

There is a program called NOSE that does much of what you ask :)http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showforum=18

There is another less-developed program called EARE that handles a few things NOSE doesn't. http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=10443

We can change the stopping, accelerating, and checking speeds (see guide above), thanks to 'wboy.' He also wrote NOSE, and created a 32-team ROM with uncompressed graphics. Really amazing stuff.

Graphics editing is covered in many places, and NOSE can do a few graphics things. Some people have done some amazing things (completely updated logos, team colours, extra teams, putting tape on the hockey sticks, putting baseball caps on the backup goalies on the bench, adding the 'trapezoid' behind the goal nets, different shaped control indicators (so the players have circles instead of stars under them)...)

No one knows how to do the music yet :( But you gave some good hints before, if the organ music is similar to the baseball game (which I will probably try tonight :))

All the programs are for windows only (though EARE should be easily portable to Linux, since it's Qt-based).

Anyway, spurring some more development is always a good thing :). Things have been a bit slow lately.

• 4 years later...

Here's the editor for NBA Live '96 (Genesis) if you are interested: DOWNLOAD.

FYI, 35 in Appearance is a head type (39 types, all can be seen when creating a player) and the value next to it = left handed/right handed.

?? next to DRI in Abilities is Strenght.

rodman.png

Edited by DominikJagr