NHL'94 Forums

Next season start date?

Dann

When will it be?

there is no set date for season 2 yet. we are wrapping up season 1 of the regular season on june 1st. after which we will likely take 2 to 4 weeks to complete the playoffs.

so i can tell you that i doubt before july 1st if you want to sign up put your name on the WAITING LIST NOW there will be 4 expansion teams next year. Please get familiar with the rules and regulations and navigate through the www.nhl94dynasty.com website to get a feel for it

Got ya, after July is fine.

Do you have an idea what those teams will be?

I'm not sure if you mean who will be those four teams or you mean what cities those teams will be. You select which franchise you want once you are awarded a franchise. who gets the franchises depends on whos name is on the wating list. the waiting list currently has 5 names. if you are intrested put your name on the list. i will always take a veteran over a rookie if the vetran has a good reputation of always finishing his games. however if the vetran has been kicked out of one or many leagues i will not have him. So put your name on the list at #5 you would have a good chance of getting a team

i really dont see how expansion teams can work out

I dont see how you can say that without knowing the plan for expansion. There will be an expansion draft where the 16 teams will protect a certain number of players while others will be available. to add to that the expansion team and the bottom 4 of the 16 will be added to the lottery of rookie draft giving each team a 1in 8 chance to get the number 1 pick

I dont see how you can say that without knowing the plan for expansion. There will be an expansion draft where the 16 teams will protect a certain number of players while others will be available. to add to that the expansion team and the bottom 4 of the 16 will be added to the lottery of rookie draft giving each team a 1in 8 chance to get the number 1 pick

I'm 'protecting' all the players I have signed to 2 and 3 yr deals.

I'm not sure if you mean who will be those four teams or you mean what cities those teams will be. You select which franchise you want once you are awarded a franchise. who gets the franchises depends on whos name is on the wating list. the waiting list currently has 5 names. if you are intrested put your name on the list. i will always take a veteran over a rookie if the vetran has a good reputation of always finishing his games. however if the vetran has been kicked out of one or many leagues i will not have him. So put your name on the list at #5 you would have a good chance of getting a team

I meant what cities would the teams be in?

thats bullshit dont want expansion.

let them pick free agents and new entry players only.

I couldn't agree more. All expansion does is water down the talent level.

I couldn't agree more. All expansion does is water down the talent level.

Not only water it down, but put more opportunities out there for slackers to join leagues. I think if we have a solid 16 teams that play their games dilligently there's no need to expand. Check that, we HAVE 16 solid franshises.

There are PLENTY of leagues to go around for everyone to play in. I'd hate to see a solid league go the route of expansion.

Respectfully,

IceHouse

guys you all make great points and when this season ends we can take a look at all the possible scenarios. however i want you guys to be open minded if expansion were to happen it would be done in a manner where there would be little impact on current franchises.

no worries guys you are the voices of reason and i will always listen but we need to remeber that we want to grow the game and the community....lets keep that in mind