NHL'94 Forums

Next season spots?

Dann

probably, this league is musical chairs theres been about 500 partner changes.

if you want to play some 2on2 there is almost always a few games every night at scd.

• 2 months later...
probably, this league is musical chairs theres been about 500 partner changes.

if you want to play some 2on2 there is almost always a few games every night at scd.

Whats SCD?

I had a Genesis with the 4-play adaptor back in the day, and I LOVE 2on2 NHL 94!!!

Would love to play some 2on2 online.

Whats SCD?

I had a Genesis with the 4-play adaptor back in the day, and I LOVE 2on2 NHL 94!!!

Would love to play some 2on2 online.

This is actually different than that, only 2 skaters are on the ice per team. Still, it's a ton of fun, dare I say more so than the original, if anyone would get the hell on and play anymore.

SCD is a server we used to use, but it went down. It's back up (soniccagedome.com:27888), but no one is ever on.

This is actually different than that, only 2 skaters are on the ice per team. Still, it's a ton of fun, dare I say more so than the original, if anyone would get the hell on and play anymore.

SCD is a server we used to use, but it went down. It's back up (soniccagedome.com:27888), but no one is ever on.

Last night I played the latest version of the 2on2 ROM; great work guys! The photos are awesome, its amazing to see a YOUNG Bobby Clarke. Playing without defense is brutal, but it was a fun game.

Also, having a teammate is MUCH harder when you are not both in the same room! being able to yell at each other is a big advantage.

My AIM is "DrKhron", IM me anytime if you want to play 2s.

If the server is dead, how about we set up an IRC channel for people who want to play 2s can meet?

AIM is sort of deficient for this.

"If the server is dead, how about we set up an IRC channel for people who want to play 2s can meet?

AIM is sort of deficient for this."

AIM is less deficient than having an IRC channel - there aren't enough people in the community to warrant them all congregating on IRC.

You'd probably have more luck finding a game while in DaRoms if you don't use AIM.

Everyone has it, everyone uses it, it's a passive messenger (get 5.9, not the current stuff)...there's really no reason to go with IRC - most IRC clients are slower than AIM anyways.

Hmmmm... I don't doubt what you say, I'm just used to having an IRC channel for each of my clans and/or gaming subcultures.

As I see it, the advantage of IRC is that you have a persistent room, so you don't need to add a ton of strangers to your "buddy' list. Does AIM allow for persistent, public chatrooms?

I used to use AIM to talk to some of my Bschool friends that were technically incompetent, but I just reinstalled it to play some NHL94. So tell me, whats this about using older versions of AIM? I want to know more.

The AIM I was using circa 2002 was nice and simple, with clean windows. Now its a complicated mess with too many features, so being able to use an older client is appealing.

Yeah, that's why I go back and use 5.9 - it's got chat and file send, almost everything you want before they started screwing around with it.

There's a myriad of other AIM clients out there (like miniaim and trillian) that may work better and easier for you, it just depends. Personally, I'd prefer lower impact, if possible.

IRC is simple, but a b***h to get into a chat room sometimes. And I doubt it would get widely adopted, which is the main concern (I sure wouldn't waste time using it, especially when I'm just looking for one person in particular for a league game).

If you really want a chat room, invite people to AIM Chat "nhl94"

Hmmmm... I don't doubt what you say, I'm just used to having an IRC channel for each of my clans and/or gaming subcultures.

As I see it, the advantage of IRC is that you have a persistent room, so you don't need to add a ton of strangers to your "buddy' list.

I tried it a while back. I made #nhl94 on GameSurge and announced it on the forums. No one really cared.

• 2 months later...