NHL'94 Forums

Luc Bourdon is dead

dmac

Anytime i see such young guy die it's truly tragic. To see a 21 year old lose his life in such a tragic way is very very sad. I sold my own bike last summer and i can tell you the happiest people were my wife and mom. Sports bikes are dangerous they offer no protection to the driver and are not made to go 100 km/h. My bike which was a cbr 600 rr could go 100 in first gear (6 gears).

I cant tell you the number of fatal accidents i have witnessed while working is just ridiculous. The sad part here is that he was just a kid, his whole life ahead of him. He was going to play hockey for a living . I feel for his family and his friends, from all acounts he was a good down to earth kid.

"There's one more kid that will never go to school

Never get to fall in love, never get to be cool." - Neil young

post-1283-1212161161_thumb.jpg

Well said, sungod. I was fortunate to see him live in Winnipeg when he played for the Moose. Was a very spirated person, who loved the game and its fans.

I still cant believe hes gone, its going to feel so much different without him next season.

its going to feel so much different without him next season.

He probably would have played for the Canucks all year next season, but I see what you are saying.

It's just so weird to think that at that last Canucks game I was at, where everyone was saluting Trevor Linden because it was his last game, nobody would have even thought that that game would also be Bourdon's last game.

My heart goes out to Luc's family.

Luc Bourdon's Wink

Too bad the video is not the best of quality.

It's nice seeing Luc smiling

Luc Bourdon First NHL Goal

You have Wayne Maki to play with now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Maki

As the old saying goes: theirs two types of motorcycle riders, people who have crashed, and people who will crash. Being of the former, I know all to well how dangerous they are.

If that sounds callus I'm sorry, but they are death machines. The riders life is in the balance every time on the road, regardless of how careful or skilled a rider they are.

Shame really, he had his whole life ahead of him, and a sweet one at that.

I'm sure his family is devastated.