NHL'94 Forums

A problem that just doesnt make sense!

alright i dont know why this is happening.

im changing the roster in the Capitalism SNES rom. and when i replace a guys name, with another guy of the EXACT same length. in the game the name exceeds the black box when the player scores. this is my scenario.

.Martin Brodeur0fff..ff..Chris Terreri1fff..ff..Scott Gomez#fffffff..Patrik Sundstrom.fffffff.. BEFORE

.Martin Brodeur0fff..ff..Chris Terreri1fff..ff..Scott Gomez#fffffff..J Langenbrunner .fffffff.. AFTER

So when Langenbrunner scores, his name goes past the black box. but sundstrom doesnt, wtf?

they are both 16 characters in length

its been happening in other places too.

I believe its 18 characters total(including spaces)....but last name is restricted to 11 characters.

hmmm not sure dude. if you simply copied and pasted..it should work. welcome to the life of snes editing;)

Hmm.. Langenbrun shouldn't exceed the box. :o 10 letters is max length for last names. Total name length is a maximum of 18 letters (including the space) I think. I'm not sure if I ever checked it completely.

Edit: Errr... 11 seems like it should fit the box. But I recall the 11th letter breaking the border of the box even though there's no letter in the border. Might be wrong on this though, have had some time off. B)