NHL'94 Forums

Kgman's Weekly Editorial on the state of NHL94

Its been a little over a week since my great victory over the evil empires of Wopap and Soccer1. The only left to dominate is all my subordinates Online .....Evan your doin a great job with this site and the online server idea is great idea......I have to say the best edited game would be NHL94 All TIme edition if those guys in Finland adjusted the ratings for the great player of all time like bobby orr and Lemieux but overall still the best original edited game to date......IF i could edit the AI of NHl94 and give it my abilites I think none of u would be able to ever win the cup ....the same cup that recognizes me as the best ever in NHL94 World.....There is no debate on the best version of NHl94 ....SNES is a complete joke i cant even play for 2 minutes without getting nostalgic over Genesis version......Also Evan I think there should be a seperate section in the website recognizing my supreme ability this way I can be in touch with my followers 24/7 ...........till next week KGman :)

Its been a little over a week since my great victory over the evil empires of Wopap and Soccer1.  The only left to dominate is all my subordinates Online .....Evan your doin a great job with this site and the online server idea is great idea......I have to say the best edited game would be NHL94 All TIme edition if those guys in Finland adjusted the ratings for the great player of all time like bobby orr and Lemieux but overall still the best original edited game to date......IF i could edit the AI of NHl94 and give it my abilites I think none of u would be able to ever win the cup ....the same cup that recognizes me as the best ever in NHL94 World.....There is no debate on the best version of NHl94 ....SNES is a complete joke i cant even play for 2 minutes without getting nostalgic over Genesis version......Also Evan I think there should be a seperate section in the website recognizing my supreme ability this way I can be in touch with my followers 24/7 ...........till next week KGman :)

Your diction is legendary and your words sublime. I spend my days and nights contemplating how I can possibly measure up to you in any way.

You will truly be a future legend.

Well kgman... once the online play is up.. we'll start playing exhibition games on there to see how the server runs for everyone. After playing some test games, we can then start official leagues here. Winners of the leagues can certainly get recognition on this website.

But I don't think it's gonna be easy to get that recognition.

I will also have instructions how to play online for anyone who hasn't done it before.

Now if my hosting company would get moving...

Evan why would the forum league need its own server, since there is hundreds to choose from in the server list ? (unless the server is behind a 100/100Mbs connection :P ) .. Well my point is, that most likely there will be servers better than that (depending much on a situation though) and it will be unfair and impossible to get similar and equal opportunities (latency) to play..

Tickenest from USA is playing in our Finnish leagues, and to Finnish servers his ping is 130-140 and we Finns have 15-30, so we play against him in a server in somewhere between Finland and USA where he gets 100 ping and we Finns 55-75 :)

Still not equal, but close enough(and keeps Ticki from dominating us Finns :) ) (j/k)

Swos,

You ask a good question as usual.

Of course we don't need our own server to play games and run leagues. I am simply going to test having a server to see what kind of ping we get for everyone. The nice thing is that I'll have control over the kaillera server, restarting it. It's nice to also have a server simply dedicated to NHL94.

We'll see how it works, my hosting company is strange sometimes with communication. I'm still waiting for them to give me the green light. If this server doesn't work out, we can easily use other servers and still run leagues on here. I'm all for that.

-Evan

• 2 weeks later...

Its time for my Weekly editorial ......Now we have seen some recent recognition by Ea sports essentially claiming that 94 was best edition ever made and now trying to implement some old school magic in the new game ....my opinion is there a bunch of monkeys that took 12 years to realize what we already knew but adding only PS2 is finally leading us in the right direction.....those butt monkeys should setup and administer an online league for us using the latest ea technology but enough bashing for one week......in other news our hacking scene has improved significantly with the edition of wboy .....hopefully we see some great products soon .....also we have seen the emergence of portable nhl 94 i would like to see that shown on this site i wonder who will be the first person to be able to show us a picture of that ! ........anyways thats my time till next week may the force be with you :)

Ya, it is about time EA got on the ball. They should have released NHL 94 port on all the console versions of NHL 06 not just the PS2 version.

Does anyone have any more info on NHL 94 on the PS2? There is a video up on www.gamespot.com but they only show you the NHL 94 intro screen.

I have found this site, download the video:

http://sports.ign.com/articles/625/625277p1.html

Edited by don16086

Don,

That video again talks about how they played alot of NHL94 at EA to try to get some of that feel into the new game. Personally, I still doubt that nhl2k6 will be alot of fun, but this is still a step in the right direction.

Good find!

-Evan

• 2 months later...