NHL'94 Forums

Game Editing Questions (NHLPA 93, Gens)

The Bear

First, I'd just like to say thanks to WBoy for creating such a user friendly hacking program. I love it!

Well, I'm currently delving into making my own game and I have a couple questions:

- Is there a way to just completely eliminate a team? The ROM that I'm making, I felt that the All-Star teams were unnecessary. Being the n00b that I am to this, I just deleted a bunch of the players to free up some BYTE space. As a result, if you leave the all star teams on the team-selection screen and allow them to cycle through their players after the 1st player, the game will glitch up. To counter this I just put a warning (DONT USE TEAM, LEAVE NOW... kinda thing) instead of the team name, but I would still rather just the teams not be there. If this is possible to eliminate them completely, how do I go about this?

- Is there a way to edit any of the text on the game opening screen (Goalie, scrolling text)? Like, who it's made by, and what not?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the excessive wordage.